Floyd Mayweather considering going into MMA?

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Check it out.

The best pound-for-pound fighter around going into MMA? I hope he does it just for the internet flamewars. It'll be legendary.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Sqube
Check it out.

The best pound-for-pound fighter around going into MMA? I hope he does it just for the internet flamewars. It'll be legendary.

"Mayweather earned about $50 million for the two fights."

And you want to do MMA? Dude, go sit on a beach somewhere!!!!!

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
He'd get owned in MMA. No decent fighter would keep it on their feet if they went up against him. Mayweather would flounder because he wouldn't know what to do on his back/clinch/etc. Just another one dimensional fighter trying to prove something.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
He'd get owned in MMA. No decent fighter would keep it on their feet if they went up against him. Mayweather would flounder because he wouldn't know what to do on his back/clinch/etc. Just another one dimensional fighter trying to prove something.

He has a good standing game and if he trained for a while he could develop an average ground game at least. I bet it would rake in some $$ tho win or lose.

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
He would not waste his time in MMA, he is just trying to keep his name in the news, while at the same time, avoiding having to fight Cotto.

Him going to MMA would be like an MMA fighter going into boxing, they would not go anywhere.

He also makes about 20X the money the top MMA fighter makes.

lyssword

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Dean
He would not waste his time in MMA, he is just trying to keep his name in the news, while at the same time, avoiding having to fight Cotto.

Him going to MMA would be like an MMA fighter going into boxing, they would not go anywhere.

He also makes about 20X the money the top MMA fighter makes.

Exactly