Florida Voters, Read this!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
Balt: i agree, a revote would be a mockery of the voting process imo.
just recount them and make sure every vote is in.

here's a good pic of the ballot

May 24, 2000
Stupid libs already making excuses you whiny pieces of ****, well first off you morons UNDERSTAND THAT BUSH AND HIS CAMPAIGN PEOPLE DID NOT WALK TO EVEYR DISTRICT AND REPLACE BALLOTS AND DRAW THESE UP! Those ballots are made by the country (sometimes state) so blame your county or state. And 2nd off, ITS NOT HARD TO CAST A RIGHT VOTE if you seriously voted for buchannan by accident, your vote SHOULD be thrown away in all honesty, the electoral system was made to keep stupid people away from voting, apparently now we can throw a "fast" one on you by laying out a ballot too....Them gore voters a smart breed they are....can't even punch holes right nonetheless run a country ;)

May 24, 2000
FYI, btw the people chosen for the job to devise these ballots per state and country have been chosen by the presidents office (whether its clinton or gore, or whomever, its democratic)

BlkDragon6

Jan 7, 2000
BlackDragon8303,

The fact remains that there is a problem with the ballet. 3407 votes for Buchanan in Palm Beach County with 304 registered reform party members. Then add in the senior citizen factor.

Just live with the fact that a ballot has a good uncertainty? You have to be joking. Maybe we should have put a bunch of monkeys in a room and have them vote, and then just say, oh well, that's the way it is.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I just heard that Buchanan has a relative in Palm Beach and that he was actively campaigning in that county for the vote.

BlkDragon6

Jan 7, 2000
I highly doubt that he's going to grab more than the 304 registered reform party members there's in a strong democratic area. Remember, Duchanan is an extreme rightist. It would take a lot of crack to be passed around Palm Beach County by one of Duchanan's relatives to get that many votes.

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Liberals amoung us have stooped to making things up!

The voting booths and punchs provided haven't changed in years!

The ballot was designed by a Democrat!

A copy of the ballot was mailed to all elgible voters!

If you made a mistake on your ballot all you have to do is have it voided and you are given a new one!

Buchanon got less than 1% of the Florida vote!

Gov Bush of Florida has eliminated himself from anything to do with the recount!

Does any of this matter to the Liberals here? Hell NO!! LOL!!! What some cheese with your whine?

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<< What some cheese with your whine? >>

Um, Tom, we have a problem here. :)

Rob (a non-whining liberal - what did we expect?)

BlkDragon6

Jan 7, 2000
add in the fact that they're elderly and you have a whole new ballpark. nice how ya left that one out.

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
The type of ballot they used in Florida was banned in Massachusetts some years ago when they found out that if the holes weren't totally punched out then the card reader wouldn't read it. They had to recount thousands of ballots by hand. The results actually changed the outcome of the election. The lastest I heard about the count in Florida is that Bush is ahead 1,000 votes. This was at 10pm EST. We are still in the same spot as last night. I seriously don't think we will know who won until Thanksgiving.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
OK so the poor voters in Palm Beach County are victims of an unfair ballot? Well I?m a victim, too, because the only choice I had was to live in a country where the flawed two-party system held power, the FEC prevented prominent third-parties from debating and my guy Harry Browne didn?t have enough money to compete with the Big Boys.

Pah-leeze!

I choose to live in this country. I realize the Ds and Rs hold the power at present. I live with the system we have. My guy raised his campaign money legally and I knew full-well he wasn?t gonna win. My Nov. 7th was a done deal and part of history and I accept it regardless of all of the systemic flaws.

Can I go home now? :p

SJ

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Fact is Buchanan, didn't even get 1% of the vote, he got far less than .79% of the vote. Any attempted revote would be unfair to all other countys, and all other states. It would allow 100% of their registered voters to vote because they would KNOW that they get to pick the president. Any vote would seriously throw this country upside down.

They CAN NOT consider this fruad, a democrat made the ballot. Also note, there is absolutely NO proof of who these people voted for. Thus it should be a moot point.

Fiddy

Oct 10, 1999
Hmm? You know I wonder just how many people that voted for Gore really wanted to vote for Buchanan? :0

All kidding aside, this business down in FL. is going to be one huge, long, drawn out, messy media circus. I can't wait till they get it done and over with and declare a winner. It's tanking the stock market among other things.

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Permit me the nef; I posted this in another thread. It bears repeating here because it is topically relevent:

I live in Palm Beach County, Floriduh. I voted in Palm Beach County, Floriduh. I had ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFICULTY voting for my candidate using the official ballot here in Palm Beach County.

I can only surmise that anyone who couldn't properly vote using this ballot should not be issued a driver license, the operation of a motor vehicle to take your person to the polls to vote requiring much more skill and intellectual prowess than voting with this ballot.

Just because you're brain dead doesn't mean Earth's rotation should be stopped just because you don't know which way is up.

Sheesh.