Florida teacher resigns after school district removes his 'age inappropriate' images of MLK and Harriet Tubman

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Do I really need to explain the racist agenda of the Republican Party? Ever since this anti CRT fervor started, I said they would use it to whitewash black history from American history. Florida has pulled it off with more to come.

If anyone can think of a reason these pictures were "age inappropriate" I'm willing to listen.

Fla. Teacher Resigns After School District Removes His 'Age Inappropriate' Images of Historic Black Americans (msn.com)
It can harm young minds if they see pictures of people who aren't white too soon. Especially little white kids, it's very confusing for them.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
How the fuck is a picture of MLK not age appropriate.

Can't believe we've gotten to the point in the country where a football coach can basically force his team to pray in a massive show on the field, but a teacher can't have a picture of MLK. Seriously what the fuck.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Can't believe we've gotten to the point in the country where a football coach can basically force his team to pray in a massive show on the field, but a teacher can't have a picture of MLK. Seriously what the fuck.
We've gotten to that point in Republican run states Ron DeShithead got it done in Florida.

You know only white people count in this country's history

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
This is like a G rated list of the countries great leaders, and pulling said photos down is 100% racist.

The man did not even include Malcom X, and which means this man already made compromises to avoid controversy. Even when he tries to accommodate delicate sensitives, they still insist he white washes history.

It is just pathetic and insecure.

Last edited:

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
They should have just taken down Colin Powell for lying this country into a war.
To be fair, the Bush administration lied to Colin Powell, and prior to that he certainly was a great man.

We all make mistakes, and while Colin Powell certainly had the experience and knowledge to know better, unlike the rest of the Bush administration he was never an evil man.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
This is like a G rated list of the countries great leaders, and pulling said photos down is 100% racist.

The man did not even include Malcom X, and which means this man already made compromises to avoid controversy. Even when he tries to accommodate delicate sensitives, they still insist he white washes history.

It is just pathetic and insecure.

Yeah, seems blatant racism. Apparently they even removed a picture of Obama! I wonder which other Presidents are considered 'age inappropriate'?

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
To be fair, the Bush administration lied to Colin Powell, and prior to that he certainly was a great man.

We all make mistakes, and while Colin Powell certainly had the experience and knowledge to know better, unlike the rest of the Bush administration he was never an evil man.

Colin Powell also played a part in attempting to cover-up My Lai. Not sure he was ever 'great'.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Colin Powell also played a part in attempting to cover-up My Lai. Not sure he was ever 'great'.
Shitheal for many many years, My Lai, and i believe he had something to do with Iran Contra?

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
The party line on this one, which I've heard from my FIL, is that they don't want little white kids to hate themselves because white people did bad stuff through history.

I agree that I don't want any kids hating themselves because of their skin color, that's certainly not the way any of this should be taught, but quite literally just not talking about it at all and pretending it didn't happen is screwed up.

The weird backlash from this, that a lot of people experience when they're exposed so some of our seedier cultural dealings when they take some random college course, is a potentially more powerful liberal outlook on life when you realize how much of your upbringing was considered secrets and lies.

Reactions: dank69

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Maybe he was gullible and not outright evil, but in the end he misled the country into a disastrous war and on balance he was certainly not great like MLK and Tubman.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Too bad we didn't spend the last 40 years inoculating our citizenry against psychological manipulation but then how would we sell all of the useless shit our economy depends on if people could actually think?

Reactions: hal2kilo

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Can I take a piss on the football coach and poop on his bible?

I worship the religion of the anti christ!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Can't be a-teachin them chilruns that there wuz evar a neg-a-ro who was anything but a lazy good-fer-nuthin thief and scoundrel.

Just look up the history (or watch the movie) about Rosewood, Fladuh.

• Wow
Reactions: pmv

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
It can harm young minds if they see pictures of people who aren't white too soon. Especially little white kids, it's very confusing for them.

Not to mention that the majority of the students are black (84%).
James told the paper that he chose the theme for the bulletin board because the majority of the students in his class are Black and he wanted to showcase leaders that his students could look up to and see themselves in.

O. J. Semmes Elementary School Students by Ethnicity.jpg

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Those lies that Gen. Powell told about mythical Iraqi WMD's turned out to be so deadly. There isn't a flag big enough to cover the shame of killing half a million civilians who had done nothing to deserve it.

And I bet there are plans afoot to eventually bomb the chit out of Iran. Ostensibly, to prevent Tehran from getting a nuke. But this time, I am certain Saudi Arabia will join in. Gotta make sure that reported $2 billion given to Jared pays off when Trump returns to the Oval Office.

Everything is against Iran. Memories of the U.S. embassy takeover, the lingering joy over the death of Quds Force paramilitary commander Qasem Soleimani in Iraq and Salman Rushdie's would-be assassin So it's possible the U.S. will be asked to lend a missile or three to help reduce Tehran to rubble.

Of course, I could be wrong. And maybe they'll be a dance-off on cable TV.

Attachments

• John Bolton Iran.jpg
    John Bolton Iran.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: KMFJD