Florida hand count is only to bring in human error.

poolshark

Dec 19, 1999
Sure as I am typing this I can assure you that after there is a hand recount in Fla , the cry baby democrats then can cry that there were human errors in the counting. Please just one Democrat tell me how ppl can count better than computers.
The will be wide spread of miscouduct in the counting and omissions that are going to make this matter even worse .
If dumb ass Floridians cant read a ballot, then we dont need them picking our president..
Another thing I dont like is having the gangs and rift raft
in the major cities picking our President.. The Electoral
College is a wonderful thing and I hope it is around forever..

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Well these "computers" aren't doing a very good job since first and re-count numbers are different. Don't call the democrats cry babies for wanting the vote tally accurate; Bush would want the same.

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
From what I heard on CNN the reason there is that much difference in the original count and the recount is that HUMANS FORGOT to read some of the numbers that came out of the machine.

What the hell good is a hand count going to do besides throw error into play. Gore is just hoping that enough people screw up for his benefit.

Jim

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
The hand recount is to find some votes that weren't punched all the way or something, so that the computer didn't pick it up. And the computers do look pretty bad right now, how'd they get such different numbers in so many counties?

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Yeah, I think the hand count is a sample check to see if there are significant ballots that still are not being counted correctly.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Whatever happens I hope that booths are ALL electronic next election, then we have instant and definite results instantly.

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
Arent the computers programmed to kick out "unvoted" ballots?
That would eliminate the "half-punched" theory. I'm sure this was thought of before now.
Undoubtedly, the more you handle the ballots, the more likely the count gets hosed.
I would bet money that 10 hand counts would come up with at least 7 different counts.

slipperyslope

Banned
Oct 10, 1999
Can voters DO ANYTHING RIGHT IN FLORIDA???

Punch the dang hole all the way.

You can ask my friend around here that I didn't like the ballot that was in my county either. I thought it FAVORED GORE.

Here is how it was setup.

Gore ind ind ind ind ind bush ind

I had to search left to right to even find Bush on the ballot. THE ISSUE IS IF YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU WILL MAKE SURE YOU DO IT RIGHT. Hell I voted Harry Browne and that was pretty difficult to find in the crappy ballot I had but I found him and made sure I was voting correctly. If you just go in there and don't double check your vote it is your own damn fault. If they people voted for good ole Pat then he deserves the vote.

Jim

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Why is the voting precincts using punch card technology of 50 years ago instead of something more reliable and accurate? Both parties want this method because it DOES engender error that can be contested.This vote is SO close,it warrents what ever remedy the different parties want to use and it is being done now.

Don't get caught up in the spin and commentarey from the news sources or Daly or Baker. They can't do a damn thing about what is happening,just spin. Next week you will here a concession speech and we can then get back to "fart in the bathtub" threads.

By the way,if you bite the bubbles,your a snarf!

;)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I would bet money that 10 hand counts would come out with 10 different results - but by what degree? Hopefully a small one.

Thorn

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
The AP total is not what's important, it's not even valid... the ACTUAL total from the voting comission is only a few votes off from the original (still in the upper 1700s). It's just the media trying to hype things up more than they already are.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Humans are, or course, subject to bribes and enticements. Bore is a pretty sharp cookie.

Russ, NCNE

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If the decision comes down to a judge, and Gore wins, what are the chances that judge might be a Sup Ct appointee. Hmmmmm... ;)

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Thorn
I heard the revised official count had Bush up by 900 with out Palm beach and one other non descript county. CNN was the source.

The final will not occur until the absentee overseas ballots are in.

I just heard Baker state he didn't think it was right for Dems to re countt those 4 counties,but what he failed to tell the public was that his lawyers have petitioned and won a machine recount od ALL florida counties. This begins at 9:30 a.m. tommorow.

Just watch out that you don't get caught up in the spin. This ain't over till the mermaids sing!

(mermaid?---Hey,its florida,whattaya expect!:D)

fdiskboy

Golden Member
Sep 21, 2000
If Bore is a "sharp" cookie, does that make him a toothpick instead of a tree?

:D

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999

<< Humans are, or course, subject to bribes and enticements. Bore is a pretty sharp cookie. >>

Yeah, isn't it amazing who is governor of this state.....

poolshark

Dec 19, 1999
I sure do not want a President that his own State doesnt want him ..
The handwriting in on the wall that he sux

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Yeah, isn't it amazing who is governor of this state..... >>

You mean the one who removed himself from the process completely, while Bore's Florida State Campaign Chairperson is still supervising the recount?

Russ, NCNE

Snoop

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Hi, i have a question for the gore supporters: If the &quot;Hand recount&quot; comes out with gore on top by Ten votes, should we Hand recount again? I mean with this many votes up for grabs in this recount, and with such a slim margin between the two canidates, I would tend to think Human Error is going to be greater than the difference in vote count?
SO, should we then go for best two out of three hand count?
Or maybe we should do like sports playoffs, best 4 out of 7?
Or maybe we should just flip a funkin coin?
You Decide

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Hey, I just said it was amazing....

This whole interesting story....and the governor of the state involved just happens to be the brother of one of the candidates...

No hint of &quot;bribes and enticements&quot; like your post had....

:)

bigjon

Mar 24, 2000
Which is why he stepped down - otherwise Bore and his cronies would have yet another heel to bite at.

The only reason I see for doing a hand revote is to count all the votes of the idiots that didn't punch their cards all the way. This is ludicrous, but I'm not going to waste my breath (fingers?) going into it since it's been mentioned a few times already :p

Either way, a hand recount is not going to be as accurate as a machine count! I can just see it now - &quot;Mildred, what number are we on? Oh, heavens, I've got to start all over again. Now I'll never make it to bingo on time!&quot;

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
At this point I think we should put both Bush and Gore in a bar full of large drunken men and see which one of them survives the ensuing bar brawl. Seriously though, if Gore wins by the vote, fine. I voted for Bush and hope he wins, but if the vote tally finds Gore to be the winner, that's the vote. (NOT including a re-vote in Palm beach.) If either wins by court order, I will support the other person, even if Bush wins with a court order. I think the right thing to do is what Nixon did when Kennedy won by that slim margin -- concede if the vote is not in your favor. Don't go around demanding hand recounts and threating lawsuits because people couldn't read a perfectly clear ballot designed by a Democrat and claiming that their own stupidity resulted in disenfranchisement.

Aaron Meyer

EDIT: About the proposed re-count. It is simply not an option, you would have one county that knows how the rest of the vote turned out and knows how many votes their candidate need to win. One county in Fla does not get to pick the President after all the other votes are counted. If there is to be a re-vote it must be a National re-vote, which you will all agree is just a bit ludicrous.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If Al Gore wants a re-vote, I think the Republicans should agree -- on the condition that the Republicans get to pick the county. ;)

IronMike

Jun 24, 2000

<< If dumb ass Floridians cant read a ballot, then we dont need them picking our president.. >>

<< Another thing I dont like is having the gangs and rift raft in the major cities picking our President.. >>

And you think groups like the NAACP are over reacting and paranoid?!