floppy drive weirdness. help please!

flcsd

Oct 23, 2000
I did a fresh install of win98se on a hp8140 and the floppy drive works because I can boot from it, but their is no icon under "my computer" how can I fix this? thanks.

flcsd

Oct 23, 2000
I checked for it under device manager "disk drives" and its not there. I noticed that there is a ? mark beside "analog devices" and ad1816a pops up and has a ?/! mark beside it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

GeSuN

Feb 4, 2002
Maybe the floppy drive controller is not installed correctly...? Try remove the ? mark beside "analog devices" and reboot your computer. It should detect a new device and try to install it. Maybe it will be able to install it correctly. If not, figure out what is this device and find the correct driver...

But maybe this is not even related to your flopy drive... should see the computer! :p

flcsd

Oct 23, 2000
I found out the ad1816a is an audio driver that I'm going to install, I will remove the standard floppy disk controller to see if windows recognizes a floppy disk. Fixed the problem, unplugged the power to the floppy drive and booted up and then shut down and reconnected the power and bingo it works always jiggle the handle before you ask for help!;)