Flixster Video app on Windows PC help please :)

Rerednaw

Mar 10, 2003
I redeemed some digital copies and they forced the use of Flixster.

Okay so I tried installing it.
No options, force installs to C desktop.
Then after experiencing how terrible their servers are I decided to download the movies...I found to my surprise that this app on the PC has ZERO options or settings. The movies do not appear anywhere and I suspect are buried somewhere in appdata on the C drive.
My c drive is my system partition and does not have the space for movies.

Anyway I am looking for help.
Any way to install on a different drive?
Where are the movies and how to move them so another drive?

Thanks!

Tried asking Flixster, but they do not have any support forums or contact info. There isn't even a reddit for them.

EDIT: UPDATE.
Okay so far based on what I found you cannot change any settings and this is deliberate. Other than encouraging ripping the movie files yourself I have no idea why they do this.

FYI the file location defaults to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\Flixter\Storage\
Note that AppData is usually hidden. So you have to make it visible.
Caught it just in time. DL two movies dropped my free space on the C drive to ZERO.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Yeah, my friend had/has a similar problem on his Win7 64-bit PC, with Firefox and DivX player plugin. He watches films online, and when they download, they fill up his SSD.

OK, granted, his first SSD only had 30GB (32GB?) of space on it. (It was a gift from me, his first SSD.)

So he would have to clean out a temp directory that the plugin used, pretty-much weekly.

I got him a 120GB SSD as a replacement. That one's still only half-way used, I think. I don't know if he bothers to clean out his temp directories anymore.

Next time I go over there, I'm going to look at his SSD's health, and capacity. It might be time to upgrade him to a larger drive.

Or maybe, an SSHD / FireCuda drive. Those were on sale recently at Newegg, 1TB for $59.99 FS.

I had a 2TB 7200RPM Seagate desktop SSHD in one of my machines, it wasn't bad. Not quite as great as a real SSD, but at the very least (or is that most?), it booted quickly, after around 4-5 boot-ups.

I think that those SSHDs with only 8GB of NAND flash cache memory, are really only good for "SSD-speed boot-ups".

JimPOL

Aug 1, 2019
I redeemed some digital copies and they forced the use of Flixster.

Okay so I tried installing it.
No options, force installs to C desktop.
Then after experiencing how terrible their servers are I decided to download the movies...I found to my surprise that this app on the PC has ZERO options or settings. The movies do not appear anywhere and I suspect are buried somewhere in appdata on the C drive.
My c drive is my system partition and does not have the space for movies.

Anyway I am looking for help.
Any way to install on a different drive?
Where are the movies and how to move them so another drive?

Thanks!

Tried asking Flixster, but they do not have any support forums or contact info. There isn't even a reddit for them.

EDIT: UPDATE.
Okay so far based on what I found you cannot change any settings and this is deliberate. Other than encouraging ripping the movie files yourself I have no idea why they do this.

FYI the file location defaults to C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\Flixter\Storage\
Note that AppData is usually hidden. So you have to make it visible.
Caught it just in time. DL two movies dropped my free space on the C drive to ZERO.

Yes , that is the default folder. not that you can do much with the files besides move or delete them. The default can be changed by going to download a movie then click on your user name at top right of screen, preferences and change the default folder.
View attachment 9066flixterPreferences.png

Last edited:

JimPOL

Aug 1, 2019
I did reply that download preference could be chanhed. not sure if it needs to be checked by a moderater

Flayed

Nov 30, 2016
It sounds suspicious this software you have installed. It could be doing all sorts of things who knows.