Flightsim 2004, Powercolor Radeon 9700, Windows XP, and a Saitek X45 are a crappy combination

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Buggy as hell game
Buggy as hell joystick drivers under XP
Crazy video problems
XP hard lockup

Anyone else having these problems? I seem to have picked a horrible combination of hardware and software.

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Chaotic,

I'd recommend you go out and buy a new USB joystick.

USB peripherals are not plagued by many of the gameport problems. And they're cheap. (Relatively speaking.)

If you're having crazy video problems and hard lockups, it may be heat related. Ensure your system is properly cooled and yes, if you're overclocking, try backing off some.

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
The game is *not* buggy as hell. Only "problem" we have is the "flashing" menus.... and I can live with that.

Runs fine on my 9500 and friends 9700. Both with XP.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
Chaotic,

I'd recommend you go out and buy a new USB joystick.

USB peripherals are not plagued by many of the gameport problems. And they're cheap. (Relatively speaking.)

If you're having crazy video problems and hard lockups, it may be heat related. Ensure your system is properly cooled and yes, if you're overclocking, try backing off some.

?

The Saitek X45 is a USB HOTAS system. The video card is at stock, it's been plagued with problems. The lock-up occured when I plugged the joystick in. I got some different drivers for my X45 and it seems to work quite a bit better. Not great, but better.