Flight Attendant and her Girlfriend Assaulted On London Bus because they were (NOT) kissing

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
That is quite confusing given the original narrative. The boys admitted only to verbal threats, not a physical attack. The article says "a fight broke out." There is cctv footage mentioned in the article. And here is the apparent cctv footage of at least a part of the incident which shows at least one instance of one of the women being punched in the face.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
That is quite confusing given the original narrative. The boys admitted only to verbal threats, not a physical attack. The article says "a fight broke out." There is cctv footage mentioned in the article.

You think the women beat themselves? Started the incident? What?

Here's the video.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
You think the women beat themselves?

Here's the video.

I had already edited my posted to add the vid. No, I think they definitely were attacked. What I do not understand is why they "plead guilty" to "making verbal threats." Are they not being charged with a physical assault? Or did they plead to a lesser charge? If so, why would they even offer them that given that the footage clearly shows at least one punch in the face. The articles on this do not make much sense right now. I don't think the UK press knows all the details of where the case stands.

Edit: upon reflection, I think I figured it out. There were four boys. The prosecutor said each of the boys "played a different role." One had the charges dropped. Two have plead guilty to verbal threats. I think that means that the remaining boy is the only one who physically assaulted them. The fate of that one is unknown as of now. He probably hasn't either plead out or gone to trial yet.

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Then a gang of young men ... who were in their 20s or 30s, allegedly began throwing things and the couple told them to stop.
Interesting that they ever thought a group of 15, 16, 17, and 18 year olds were "in their 20s or 30s."

I'll be waiting to hear more about this. I find it very odd that with all the phones and cameras there is only a picture of the two girls after the fact. Some comments suggest that the police are holding the footage until the investigation is finished, but where are the liveleak/word star bystanders? Were they the only people on the top?
Good call, seeing that the video is out now. It shows her throwing the first punch but the boys were definitely harassing her, threatening, and throwing coins first. Obviously, they are the aggressors regardless of who threw the first punch.

The only real mystery is who exactly did it. I'm pretty sure those wounds and bloodstains are real and involuntary.
Correct, though you might expect it after throwing a few punches like she did so some would argue that the fist fight part was voluntary on her part. Doesn't excuse it, of course even if she were the aggressor (she wasn't).

Well, it took a few weeks but 4 suspects have been arrested:

Four teenagers charged over homophobic attack on London bus

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-charged-over-homophobic-attack-on-london-bus
Strange. That article completely glosses over the 18yo. Just calls them four "teens" and says 15, 16, and 17.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
I had already edited my posted to add the vid. No, I think they definitely were attacked. What I do not understand is why they "plead guilty" to "making verbal threats." Are they not being charged with a physical assault? Or did they plead to a lesser charge? If so, why would they even offer them that given that the footage clearly shows at least one punch in the face. The articles on this do not make much sense right now. I don't think the UK press knows all the details of where the case stands.

Edit: upon reflection, I think I figured it out. There were four boys. The prosecutor said each of the boys "played a different role." One had the charges dropped. Two have plead guilty to verbal threats. I think that means that the remaining boy is the only one who physically assaulted them. The fate of that one is unknown as of now. He probably hasn't either plead out or gone to trial yet.

Your edit makes a lot of sense. Each charged for what they actually did as individuals and from the video that I've seen it looks like only one of them seemed to be throwing punches.