Flight Attendant and her Girlfriend Assaulted On London Bus because they were (NOT) kissing

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ryanair-stewardess-girlfriend-beaten-bus-16390675

1559921160850.png

This horrifying picture shows a Ryanair flight attendant and her girlfriend covered in blood after they were allegedly assaulted by a gang of men in a homophobic attack.

Melania Geymonat, 28, from Uruguay, was riding the bus with her American girlfriend Chris after an evening out in West Hampstead, London, in the early hours of May 30.

Melania, who lives in Bishop's Stortford in Essex, says the pair decided to sit at the front on the top deck because they both enjoy the novelty of a double decker bus.

Then a gang of young men behind them saw they were a couple, began to throw coins and started to demand they kiss while making crude sexual gestures, it is claimed.

She said: “They wanted us to kiss so they could watch us.

"I tried to defuse the situation as I’m not a confrontational person, telling them to please leave us alone as Chris wasn’t feeling well.”

The men, who were in their 20s or 30s, allegedly began throwing things and the couple told them to stop.

“The next thing I remember was Chris in the middle of them and they were beating her,” Melania added.

“I didn’t think about it and went in. I was pulling her back and trying to defend her so they started beating me up.

“I don’t even know if I was knocked unconscious.

“I felt blood, I was bleeding all over my clothes and all over the floor.

“We went downstairs and the police were there.”

Melania, who has received hundreds of messages of support on Facebook, is waiting to find out if her nose was broken in the attack.

She said there were at least four of them and one spoke Spanish while the others had British accents.

The attackers also allegedly robbed the couple before fleeing the bus.

Sigh.. what the fuck? I hope the fuckers who did this are caught and get "kissed" by their lovers in jail!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
A very hard lesson earned and learned to mind one's situational awareness at all times.

Easy pickings for punk thugs looking to "have some fun". Pretty sure they'd have a different attitude if they themselves were seen to be easy pickings by some other miscreant rabble looking to "have some fun".

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I'll be waiting to hear more about this. I find it very odd that with all the phones and cameras there is only a picture of the two girls after the fact. Some comments suggest that the police are holding the footage until the investigation is finished, but where are the liveleak/word star bystanders? Were they the only people on the top?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'll be waiting to hear more about this. I find it very odd that with all the phones and cameras there is only a picture of the two girls after the fact. Some comments suggest that the police are holding the footage until the investigation is finished, but where are the liveleak/word star bystanders? Were they the only people on the top?

The only real mystery is who exactly did it. I'm pretty sure those wounds and bloodstains are real and involuntary.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

London buses always have CCTV. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be not working properly when actually needed. (Also buses don't take cash fares any more. There have been cases in the past where people committed crimes on a bus having paid their fare with a oyster card registered to their correct name and address.)

Depressing and horrible, in any case.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

No clue, although that's a lot of witnesses to try and squeeze a false narrative by.

Feb 4, 2009
How many of AT's nameless deplorable's are fantasizing, hoping and praying the gang of guys were Moose-Lambs because that means us liberal will have to choose between Muslims and queers.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
The only real mystery is who exactly did it. I'm pretty sure those wounds and bloodstains are real and involuntary.

Yea, I'm not implying it didn't happen, just odd that in such a public venue there is nothing other than the aftermath.

Feb 4, 2009
Yea, I'm not implying it didn't happen, just odd that in such a public venue there is nothing other than the aftermath.

I sort of agree, something seems weird about this story. We just can't have nice things anymore because assholes ruin everything.
Not sure what seems weird about this story and I'm not saying its a false story. Just saying the story sounds similar to other stories where stuff was embellished or made up.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
How many of AT's nameless deplorable's are fantasizing, hoping and praying the gang of guys were Moose-Lambs because that means us liberal will have to choose between Muslims and queers.

Yea, it's like they don't realize mooslambs are conservatives also.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Well 4 teenagers were arrested.. no details yet on who they are.

I am really beginning to agree with a certain moolamb punishment, commit an assault with your hand, get your hand chopped off!

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Liberals wouldn't have to choose if they didn't paint themselves in a corner by continually apologizing/defending the religious right of the middle east under some multiculturalism nonsense, treat them the same way as any other religious/hate group from the beginning under secular laws, and the western Nazi, KKK, christian or whatever other group you don't want to be seen agreeing with when it comes to Muslims wouldn't have leg to stand on pointing out your hypocrisy.

Yea, it's like they don't realize mooslambs are conservatives also.

So why are liberals always apologizing /defending them?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

Not sure what seems weird about this story and I'm not saying its a false story. Just saying the story sounds similar to other stories where stuff was embellished or made up.
Yeah. It's difficult to imagine that a group of men could do this to those women, even if their motivation was to rob them.

Horrible if that's what really happened.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Charge them as adults.

They will presumably just follow the law - as they should. You don't want a legal system that just disregards the law on random whims or based on how much public outrage a case stirred up. An 18-year-old is legally an adult, and presumably, given the description of those arrested, at least some of the culprits are of that age. The others would presumably be treated as juveniles (only those under 10 are treated as not criminally-liable, a much younger age limit than is the case in most of Europe).

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I'm on the same page. If it happened as described the perps need to be jailed.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Liberals wouldn't have to choose if they didn't paint themselves in a corner by continually apologizing/defending the religious right of the middle east under some multiculturalism nonsense, treat them the same way as any other religious/hate group from the beginning under secular laws, and the western Nazi, KKK, christian or whatever other group you don't want to be seen agreeing with when it comes to Muslims wouldn't have leg to stand on pointing out your hypocrisy.

So why are liberals always apologizing /defending them?

They're not, check your info sources

Critical thinking should be right up your alley