Flickering graphics

Juked07

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2008
I don't play a lot of games so I haven't spent much time to address this issue, but I get flickering textures and other graphical errors when playing SC2, Portal, and probably other games. I have no problems when running stress tests like Furmark.

I don't remember having any issues like this when running a 4870, but my 4870 ran really hot so I got a GTX460. I've tried removing the nvidia drivers and installing the latest one, but the issue has not been resolved.

Possibly related?: SC2 also hangs and sometimes gives me error messages saying there is not enough paged file memory despite the fact that I have several gigs of RAM free, in addition to 4gb unused paged memory. I have run a memtest overnight with no issues.

What should I try next?

borisvodofsky

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2010
I don't play a lot of games so I haven't spent much time to address this issue, but I get flickering textures and other graphical errors when playing SC2, Portal, and probably other games. I have no problems when running stress tests like Furmark.

I don't remember having any issues like this when running a 4870, but my 4870 ran really hot so I got a GTX460. I've tried removing the nvidia drivers and installing the latest one, but the issue has not been resolved.

Possibly related?: SC2 also hangs and sometimes gives me error messages saying there is not enough paged file memory despite the fact that I have several gigs of RAM free, in addition to 4gb unused paged memory. I have run a memtest overnight with no issues.

What should I try next?

If you have 8 gigs of ram, just disable page files all together. :D

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Easy to fix the page file size on 7, Control Panel>System>Advance system setting on left>Advance tab>performance settings>advance tab, click on change in the virtual memory area and just select system manged!...reboot