Flashback of MTV Video Music Awards moments

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I heard Kanye West threw another tantrum for not winning awards...I feel bad for liking his music cause he seems like such a dick. He makes good music though =/

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Originally posted by: ropeadope
I heard Kanye West threw another tantrum for not winning awards...I feel bad for liking his music cause he seems like such a dick. He makes good music though =/

I didnt see the VMAs this year.. but if its anything like last year, its probably horrible. Last year was the first year they let people vote for all of the winners -_-

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
For those that watched, any reason to dvr a rebroadcast and watch this years?

Last couple have been dreadful; it's so bad I actually miss the quality days of buttman.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it's so weird to think that MTV used to be somehow culturally relevant.

what always confused me about that Britney/Madonna kiss, though, was how no one even mentions Christina in the whole thing. good for her, I guess... she's turned out to be a lot better than her late-90's rival anyways.

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
britney opened the awards last night and looked awful. even her lip synching was bad. then sara silverman bombed with some awful stand-up.

the rest was typical mtv. flashes of celebrities. fast cut scenes to "VIP parties" which were little rooms where people were performing.

and it was only 2 hours rather than 3.

anyway, this thing has to stop soon. how can you even give video awards if you dont air videos?

mtv is dead. it had a good run though. about 20 years

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
MTV is the only channel the Devil watches.

In addition to GWB, the likes of MTV do A LOT to damage the reputation of Americans abroad through shows like "My Super Sweet 16".

That channel should have gone away along time ago.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
I'm tired of award shows... except for those where "we, the common folk" get to vote.

Rich people praising themselves, does nothing for me.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: sohcrates
britney opened the awards last night and looked awful. even her lip synching was bad. then sara silverman bombed with some awful stand-up.

the rest was typical mtv. flashes of celebrities. fast cut scenes to "VIP parties" which were little rooms where people were performing.

anyway, this thing has to stop soon. how can you even give video awards if you dont air videos?

Here's a youtube of Britney's "performance" last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA4G8pcdXUM

She did terrible, just terrible, with her lip syncing attempt. She looks uncomfortable on stage.
I think she needs to reinvent herself. That virginal vixen she was is gone forever.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
I just don't understand how you can go from being a top-notch performer to utter crap in a span of 2-3 years. I never cared for Britney's music, but even I can't deny the girl had moves back in the day. What I saw last night was dreadful. She just looked lethargic out there and completely out of sync. And can you even call it a live performance if you're lip-synching the entire damn thing?

Justin Timberlake said it best during his acceptance speech, "start playing more videos and stop playing reality shows". MTV is pretty much dead as far as I can tell. Hell the entire damn popular music industry is in the gutter and has been this entire decade. There are only a handful of bands and artists even worth mentioning anymore. Those of you who grew up in the 60's and 70's are damn lucky, so much great music came from those decades.

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: sohcrates

Here's a youtube of Britney's "performance" last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA4G8pcdXUM

She did terrible, just terrible, with her lip syncing attempt. She looks uncomfortable on stage.
I think she needs to reinvent herself. That virginal vixen she was is gone forever.

I heard on the radio this morning that it was just horrid, I wanted to see it.... And, um, wow. horrid doesn't begin to describe it!

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Printer Bandit
britney looked pretty hot tonight.

Kiddin' me? That was one of the few acts my wife and I watched. She looked like a moron who forgot her own dances, and was so obviously lipsyncing it was painful to watch. I mean, I don't care that they lip-sync, but at least make it believable.

Anyway, my impression of the VMAs was that everyone there must have realized how much of sell outs they all are, and how talentless so much popular music has become. The entertainers couldn't even keep their own ilk entertained. Everyone appeared bored and unhappy to be there. Maybe it's because most of the acts sucked, or Sarah Silverman's opening comedy sucked so craptastically it just set a bad mood.

Lastly, on what authority does MTV hold the VMAs anyway? It's not like they show music videos (unless you're watching MTV4 or something).

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: meltdown75
eh, if you think that's fat then you don't know what fat means.

Well its not like a walk through walmart fat but she is def chunky. She was wearing so much make up as well to make her face look thinner than it is.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Did you guys read what the AP said about her?

As in most train wrecks, it was hard to focus on just one thing as the Britney Spears disaster unfolded. There was just so much that went wrong. Out-of-synch lip-synching. Lethargic movements that seemed choreographed by a dance instructor for a nursing home. The paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly. At times she just stopped singing altogether, as if even she knew nothing could save her performance