Flash 23.0.0.162 Released

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
I was thinking Adobe Flash player hasn't crashed in Firefox in a while and kind of hesitant to install a new update. Then just realized Firefox now defaults to using HTML5 player if it can, which explains a lot :p

Reactions: paperfist

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
Weird when trying to run the installer, flashplayer23_xa_install.exe
It shows box for Adobe Download Manager, then just hangs.

Tried uninstalling original manually and rerunning.

Guess I'll see how long I can last without ever installing it again.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Thank you sir as always for being on top of things around here. WU updated my machine a few minutes ago with it.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I was thinking Adobe Flash player hasn't crashed in Firefox in a while and kind of hesitant to install a new update. Then just realized Firefox now defaults to using HTML5 player if it can, which explains a lot :p
Flash 23 was a Netflix disaster for me...uninstalled and went back to 22 and suddenly the frequent pc crashes were fixed.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
Flash 23 was a Netflix disaster for me...uninstalled and went back to 22 and suddenly the frequent pc crashes were fixed.
Yet that downgrade exposes your system to exploits that only Flash seems to have these days. If you are using Windows 8 or 10 and are signed into a MS account, the NF app is the only thing worth using on the entire Windows store.

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Yet that downgrade exposes your system to exploits that only Flash seems to have these days. If you are using Windows 8 or 10 and are signed into a MS account, the NF app is the only thing worth using on the entire Windows store.

You don't even need the NF app. IE11 (on 8 or 8.1+) or Edge can also play Netflix in full 1080p. I'm not really sure who would still be using Flash to view Netflix content considering HTML5 support is now in all major browsers (Widevine in Chrome/Firefox and whatever Microsoft uses in IE11/Edge).

Reactions: PliotronX

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Fortunately an important firefox add-on was recently updated and now I can download a whole stream updates to become current, including flash, which I can use far less frequently.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Heres an oddity .. may or may not be flash related. But installed the update yesterday on my Dell .. today Java 8 111 would not work on that computer (only tried it in Firefox 47.0.1 where it is usually used) ... Had to reinstall Java ... Now it works .. Wonder how it got removed or disabled as it still showed in installed programs and in Firefox Plug Ins ? ?