FL, again..

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
In the ever-escalating war of words between Senator Bill Nelson and Rick Scott after the election Tuesday, (Scott accused Nelson of dragging down the process by not formally conceding), things have now turned nasty. Scott has just filed a lawsuit against Broward County Supervisor of Elections Brenda Snipes, alleging that her office has withheld crucial voter information. https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...r-of-elections-as-florida-senate-race-spirals I pray to Sweet baby Jesus we can rise from the ashes of LOL'dom to put this coc**ucker to bed for good....

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
He was just on Hannity whining to him about it, Hannity will probably call Trump after his show as usual and tell Donny how mean Dems in FL are being to Scott.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
At least Republicans didn't riot and perform a coup against vote counters this time, so there's that.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
on Tuesday I drove past a polling place where predominately minority voters from downtown Daytona precinct was located, the line at 6:30 was 250-300 strong, (I was riding my bike so a rough count was possible). After getting my wife's meds I passed the poll again at 6:50, the line had grown to 3-400 people, just for shi*'s and giggles I went past a polling place about 1/4 mi from home, no line, no waiting. Both FL and GA had republicans in control of elections, go figure, same kind of stories from GA, long lines for minorities looking to cast a ballot.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Yet. It'll come.
Yea, it's FL, it might, I would love nothing more though than for just once, just once, the wang becomes erect and sticks it in Scott's A-hole long and hard. This from Scott about an hour ago on Hannity,
"I will not sit idly by while unethical liberals try to steal this election," Scott told reporters at a press conference Thursday night".

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Apparently, in one heavy Democratic area some 25,000 Ballots with no US Senate vote were cast. "Machine Error" has been cited, but.....

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
on Tuesday I drove past a polling place where predominately minority voters from downtown Daytona precinct was located, the line at 6:30 was 250-300 strong, (I was riding my bike so a rough count was possible). After getting my wife's meds I passed the poll again at 6:50, the line had grown to 3-400 people, just for shi*'s and giggles I went past a polling place about 1/4 mi from home, no line, no waiting. Both FL and GA had republicans in control of elections, go figure, same kind of stories from GA, long lines for minorities looking to cast a ballot.

This is common all across the country. Took me all of 15 minutes to vote. There were dozens of booths and the process was simple and easy. Not the case for people who have to vote in Detroit. Any way to make dark people give up and go home is a win for Republicans even if they have to disenfranchise the few dark people that would vote R while doing it... Those responsible should be jailed for life.

Reactions: Muse

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Electronic voting needs to die.
After the nightmare of 'hanging chads" in 2000 FL went to electronic then switched to a paper ballot that's then fed into a scanner, it was supposed to be the most stable overall system but hey it's FL, we don't do "stable".

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It's not electronic voting from my understanding, but electronic scanning of paper ballots.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Republican party isn't so much a party these days as it is a Mafia organization.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

In the age of social media, it should be very easy to document the BS there and demand a fix so it never happens again.

Jan 25, 2011
Republicans really don’t want all votes counted in any election. In Arizona they sued to try and stop absentee ballots from being counted (Sinema has pulled into the lead as a result). Georgia was an absolute clusterfuck with countless issues. Voting machines held back sitting in warehouses, broken machines, machines without power cords caused long lines.

It’s a sad joke at this point.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Lol, ex leader of the western world cannot do voting fairly nor competently.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
It's not electronic voting from my understanding, but electronic scanning of paper ballots.

So crazy we can’t figure this out in 2018. After Bush v Gore Florida of all places should have taken a step back and thought maybe we should invest some money to get this right. Nah, let’s use scantrons

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
So crazy we can’t figure this out in 2018. After Bush v Gore Florida of all places should have taken a step back and thought maybe we should invest some money to get this right. Nah, let’s use scantrons

Yes, Republicans are, indeed, horrible. We agree.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
After the nightmare of 'hanging chads" in 2000 FL went to electronic then switched to a paper ballot that's then fed into a scanner, it was supposed to be the most stable overall system but hey it's FL, we don't do "stable".
It's not rocket science! Every other functioning country manages to vote in an orderly way.

You'll need the UN election inspectors there soon!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

We had cardboard ballot with a sleeve in the early 90s... Use marker to fill in arrow, put ballot in sleeve, take it over to scanner. Poll station worker pushes ballot into scanner, it gets scanned, drop into box, done.

Here we are two decades later...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
It's not rocket science! Every other functioning country manages to vote in an orderly way.

I just don't understand why they don't have independent election office. It's almost like thet just want to pretend to be democratic.

Reactions: WelshBloke

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016

It's funny how many different things you can follow the bolded part with when it comes to the US.