Fizzics Beer System review

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
This is great! While I sit here dealing with my new wireless adapter somehow fucking up my graphics card settings, I get to read nonsense like this!

I just spent the better part of the day doing a beer tasting and my friend was one of the kickstarters behind Fizzics...we used it a few times, thought it was fun and then we haven't touched it again. Maybe we don't think that the beer we've spent good money on needs intervention...maybe it's a crock of shit. Maaaaybe people here get too wound up in what other people spend their money on, LOL. We enjoyed the beers we put the Fizzics. That said, we've never put anything through that we haven't tried a first time.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I wonder why this Fizzics thing doesn't have bluetooth and an app that will notify you when your beer is at the perfect foaminess? Or you could send it a text on the way home from work so your beer could be properly fizzed when you walk in the door.
The possibility's are endless.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Lol, first I said you were a paid shill. That doesn't necessarily mean you didn't buy the device.

Regardless, I don't really care if you bought it or not, the fact that your review is absurdly positive followed by an actual company rep. thanking you for your 'candid' review says everything it needs to.

I for one am still not falling for this psuedo-science approach to enhancing beer with magical sound waves. Do you also wear a magnet around your wrist to enhance your energy?

The rep who showed up is from a tiny ass company that has exactly 1 product in the market. I'm willing to bet new companies with new products scour Google looking for reviews of said products. It's not like I reviewed Windows 10 and Steven Fucking Balmer made an account to thank me. Maybe, just maybe the Fizzics guys saw my review and were, I dunno, greatful? If you go on Amazon most of the reviews are very good. And again, I'm the only person in this thread who's actually used the product. So I'm not saying "blah blah blah *I don't think* it works! I can't verify this, but my gut instinct is telling me since I don't understand how this works, it's gotta be crapola." I in fact know it does from personal experience. I'm about 20 beers into it, good enough for me *shrug*

GLASSWARE effects how a beer tastes for shits sake, I can 100/100 times tell the difference between the same IPA poured into a pint glass and an IPA glass. But most beer drinkers I come across are scallywag heathens who drink everything out of a pint glass. So I don't expect anything would make them see anything other than what they have in their minds already.

Last edited:

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
I am actually intrigued after (semi-)suffering through 15 days of mainly Bintang while in Indonesia this month (although Stark made in Bali is decent but hard to find outside of the larger cities)!

Last edited:

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
The rep who showed up is from a tiny ass company that has exactly 1 product in the market. I'm willing to bet new companies with new products scour Google looking for reviews of said products. It's not like I reviewed Windows 10 and Steven Fucking Balmer made an account to thank me. Maybe, just maybe the Fizzics guys saw my review and were, I dunno, greatful? If you go on Amazon most of the reviews are very good. And again, I'm the only person in this thread who's actually used the product. So I'm not saying "blah blah blah *I don't think* it works! I can't verify this, but my gut instinct is telling me since I don't understand how this works, it's gotta be crapola." I in fact know it does from personal experience. I'm about 20 beers into it, good enough for me *shrug*

GLASSWARE effects how a beer tastes for shits sake, I can 100/100 times tell the difference between the same IPA poured into a pint glass and an IPA glass. But most beer drinkers I come across are scallywag heathens who drink everything out of a pint glass. So I don't expect anything would make them see anything other than what they have in their minds already.

Have you performed any triangle tests with beer that has been through this machine and beer that hasn't?

Have you ever performed a triangle test with any beers whatsoever?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
And again, I'm the only person in this thread who's actually used the product.

I just spent the better part of the day doing a beer tasting and my friend was one of the kickstarters behind Fizzics...we used it a few times, thought it was fun and then we haven't touched it again. Maybe we don't think that the beer we've spent good money on needs intervention...maybe it's a crock of shit. Maaaaybe people here get too wound up in what other people spend their money on, LOL. We enjoyed the beers we put the Fizzics. That said, we've never put anything through that we haven't tried a first time.

:cool:

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Have you performed any triangle tests with beer that has been through this machine and beer that hasn't?

Have you ever performed a triangle test with any beers whatsoever?

I have not, I've only performed the beer for breakfast, lunch & dinner tests. I'm up to 22 beers. For every one I've drank the beer straight then ran thru the machine. For the last 6 I've done both of those things + did both in 2 different types of glassware. The proper glass for that beer style and a normal pint glass. And since this morning I've been sniffing coffee beans and eating a small nib of 76% dark chocolate then drinking a small amount of water to clear out my pallet between each drink of each beer. I'm only taking a single drink of each for purpose of comparing, after that I'm drinking like I normally drink.

Just got back from picking up a sour, a gose, a Belgian Farmhouse, Tripel & a Quad for the rest of today. Well, the sour's for tomorrow since it's a Paradox I bought at room temp, and they're suppose to be in the fridge at least 24 hours before being consumed

Last edited: