Fish screensaver that isn't spyware/crapware?

Feb 25, 2011
So, I tried to find a fish screensaver with Google, but every one I tried downloading tried to install loads of search toolbars and stuff on my computer. Or was a demo for a paid one. Or something.

Anybody have a fish one that doesn't suck?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I decided a long time ago that I don't care about screensavers and themes.

That's the only advice I can give. It makes me happy.

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
I agree with Corky. Most of the "free" screensavers are just disguises for getting all sorts of spyware/crapware on your PC. I lost count of the number of people's computers I've worked on where the users were complaining of poor performance and popups etc, only to find it all boiled down to one of these cute irresistible or ultra cool free screensavers. Proceed with caution.

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
People have put sample videos of most of them on Youtube(some of them rather long), if you don't intend on using it as an actual screen saver take a look there maybe. Also, the plus pack for windows xp had one that was acceptable way back when. Chances of that one having malware are pretty low if you can find a copy.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
I still use the old 'Goldfish' one from Windows MCE. Its just an .SCR file extension so I copied it and added it as an available screensaver for my HTPC, which runs Vista MCE.

Looks visually incredible on a 42" plasma.