First time using watercooling question

gus6464

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2005
I recently ordered 2 Opteron 165's for my new gaming rig and Linux box and decided to go water cooling for the two setups but I was wondering if I can use one kit for the 2 pcs. I dont mind also building my own water setup instead of a kit to be able to achieve this. Can one radiator and water pump if I am trying to cool 2 cpus inside 2 different cases? Also if it was possible to do would I also be able to add my new 7800gt to the water setup? I know this question is very noobish but this is first time trying to do my own custom setup so please bare with me. Thanks

velis

Jul 28, 2005
I see no problem in you doing that. As long as the cooling setup is powerful enough you should have no problem connecting both machines to 1 radiator. It's almost the same as connecting 2 CPUs in one single machine. You only need longer tubes ;)
Adding the 7800 gt should not provide any additional problems as long as the cooling kit can handle dissipating the heat from all 3 components. Check it's capabilities before you buy, but my guess would be that any water cooling will be up to it.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I'd be worried about static head for the pump, as your pipes are going to be rather long. I'd definitely double check that anyway.