First The Evangelicals and Now the Military?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If Obama (or any other President for that matter) pulled the betrayal on the military that Trump's abdication in Syria was, their popularity among the military would be in the single digits. Trump still has big sections of the military bamboozled.
The only thing they are more afraid of than Trump is supporting a filthy Democrat.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

dingster1

Mar 25, 2004
If Obama (or any other President for that matter) pulled the betrayal on the military that Trump's abdication in Syria was, their popularity among the military would be in the single digits. Trump still has big sections of the military bamboozled.

There are a lot of white supremacists in the military. That’s why they changed the language in one clause a few days back. Eerily reminiscent of brown shirts, Hitler youth ...

Reactions: HomerJS

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Why would anyone in the military respect a draft dodger?

Only somewhat related but one of things I find particularly offensive is how this draft dodger of a president has and will preside over some of the biggest military anniversaries:

- the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI (part of which he couldn't even bother to go to)
- the 75th anniversary of the D Day landings
- the 75th anniversary of the end of the fight against Nazi Germany
- the 75th anniversary of the end of the fight against Japan and thus the end of WWII

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Evangelicals will stick to Trump because he is just as bad as they are.

The military will stick to Trump because they must. Sure they may secretly bash the guy, but there is no way in hell they will ever publicly oppose or defy him.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Why would anyone in the military respect a draft dodger?
I can totally see folks in the military respecting a draft dodger. The draft sucked and if folks managed to dodge it, good for them. I can't see anyone in the military respecting a draft dodger who went on to say, "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart."

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I don't think any of this matters. It's the same story as always. Some of the elites - the officers of the military, the editors at these Christian media orgs - eventually can't bear the burden of what the grifting requires of them and speak up or quit. But the vast majority? The enlisted, the evangelicals, they love the idea of the wall, or for one of their own getting off for some silly ol' war crimes.

Support for Trump will be as strong as ever in 2020.