First teaser for Moto's upcoming Honeycomb tablet

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
That's an awesome video.

The Droid really turned Android around, am hoping they do the same thing with tablets...

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
it's just too bad even though the ipad is just an giant ipod touch (not even an iphone), it's still the best selling tablet around. It has the most polished hardware. So we'll see where this ends up being...

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
That's clever video. I hope Honeycomb blows me away but I'm not getting my hopes up after seeing disappointment that is Gingerbread.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
That's clever video. I hope Honeycomb blows me away but I'm not getting my hopes up after seeing disappointment that is Gingerbread.

How is GB disappointing? It refined a lot under the hood and laid the groundwork for the future. Android is built from the ground up.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I am genuinly excited for this. I know what Moto did for with the Droid series, and I know they have it in them to do the same for tablets...just what Moose said.
This has all the ingrediants for success.
-edit--I just butchered the English language. My bad.

Oct 25, 2006
Wait, so Android is for a phone but the Motorola table runs Android?
2.3 is for a phone. The moto tablet runs on Honeycomb which is designed to be able to run natively on a tablet using a tablet UI as well as normally on smart phones..

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Wait, so Android is for a phone but the Motorola table runs Android?

2.3 is for a phone. The moto tablet runs on Honeycomb which is designed to be able to run natively on a tablet using a tablet UI as well as normally on smart phones..

Yup which is one of the main reasons why the Galaxy Tab sucks since it uses an Android version that's not meant to be for tablets. Honeycomb should hopefully make it all better.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
While I think the Moto tablet will kick ass, a few issues come to mind

1.) I'm going to pay for internet service X3? (home, phone, tablet?)

2.) Slamming the iPad for using iOS and then using Android on it's own tablet is somewhat misleading.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Since they are doing a tie-in with Verizon and I have FIOS this seems like the tablet I've been waiting for. I only hope they do a Wi-Fi only tablet as I have no need for a 3G or any wireless plan. If no Wi-Fi only version I'll probably end up with something else.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
I'll withold all judgement until I have seen it in the flesh.

My wife is at CES this year, so I'll get her to test it out for me.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Taking shots at the iPad when their tablet isn't even close to being out yet. And as far as I know the only images of it are bullshit rendered ones. Way to go Moto.

MrX8503

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2005
I'm actually gonna wait and see how it turns out once its in consumer hands. Tablets lately have been dropping like flies.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
tablets are way too expensive right now. the galaxy is almost $600 with contract. im sure hp's palm tablet will be similarly priced. i was hoping the viewsonic would be nice but apparently its total garbage

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
are there any good tablets other than galaxy?

How much tweaking are you willing to do?

Granted, Koush has finished Clockwork Recovery for all the Tab flavors though. Should see some cool development on the Tabs before too long.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
How much tweaking are you willing to do?

Granted, Koush has finished Clockwork Recovery for all the Tab flavors though. Should see some cool development on the Tabs before too long.

probably not very much, id be worried about losing features, although ive considered nook. so far there arent very many decent tablets though are there, just the really cheap ones with slow cpus and horrible screens, the recalled viewsonic, and galaxy

Last edited:

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
probably not very much, id be worried about losing features, although ive considered nook. so far there arent very many decent tablets though are there, just the really cheap ones with slow cpus and horrible screens, the recalled viewsonic and galaxy

You can still get the Viewsonic from Sears, it was only Staples that 'recalled' it. Identical tablets to the Viewsonic can also be bought from Malata and FlyPad, exact same hardware, but the price is higher. MeriMobile has the Malata Tegra 2 tablet for around 570, versus 380 for the Viewsonic version.

When did the Galaxy get recalled?

notposting

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2005
Last edited: