first step towards repeal & replace taken in the wee hours of the morning

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I don't see poors dead in the street yet.
And I don't see "young and healthy" pan-handling in the streets due to increased insurance premiums.

I see the 1% laughing at Obamacare all the way to the bank because it was sold as the insurance companies and the rich paying their fair share and those that had a doctor or insurance need not worry but in reality it was the middle class shouldering the burden as usual, that is why it became so unpopular.

Reactions: PokerGuy

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Nah. I don't feel bad either when the firefighters go put out a fire in my city that isn't my own house, yet I helped subsidize the fire department through my taxes.
Or when the taxes I pay go towards a school/park/road/whatever that I never use.

Personally, I'm for the betterment of my country and willing to help my fellow Americans.

As a stage IV cancer patient, I thank you

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
My provider (UHC) the CEO made $66M. I'm guessing he gets full coverage too with no out of pocket deductibles?

And guess who is forced to pay for that salary now that our "two" parties got the industry the "mandate" from the Supreme Court on a silver platter — the primary purpose of the current obsession with health reform.

It was a Trojan Horse that both parties can exploit for their messaging all while making sure the industry got the mandate it wanted. And the politicians want it, too. It's money on a loop. Citizens, by being forced to buy corporations' products are forced to bankroll the lobbying, the CEOs, the ads — all of it.