First Overclocking - Need help!

sa_gem

Banned
Jan 25, 2010
I've read the tutorials, and I think I got the gist of it, but can someone please read over what I think I'm supposed to do?

By the way, I'm a total noob at this stuff.

My goal is to just overclock it a little bit so I can run crysis (2.00 ghz cant really run crysis lol).

I'm currently using an asus g1, which has:

4gb ram

intel dual core t7300 processor

Windows Vista 32 bit

So what I THINK I'm supposed to do.

Go to Bios, under the advanced section I lower something called the "memstick index value" to the minimum.

Then I lower the hypertransport bus frequency to 400mhz or 600mhz (no idea which one it is.)

So now I start increasing the fbs little by little (lets say, 10mhz).

I dont want to actually have my computer to start showing the signs of overclocking, so how much should I increase it by?

Also, my pc tends to get rather hot... even with a cooling system. (I dont know how to check it though, can someone tell me how?)

Last question, what factor does voltage play in overclocking, and do I need to use it?

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
There is a certain ammount you can OC without having to touch voltages.

I think that's what you want. Its a mobile processor and don't know how it will behave to OCing... gl

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I'm confused. First you say that this (laptop, according to a review I found on Google) uses a C2D, and then you talk about hypertransport frequency.

HT freq is used by AMD systems, not Intel C2D systems.

Perhaps you can clarify what you are talking about?

If you have a digital camera, take pictures of the BIOS screens, and I'm sure someone could be of more help. I'm not familiar with that particular laptop.