First executive orders!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
And leftists here whine when I or others use the phrase obamessiah or the like.... I'll have to bookmark this thread next time I hear that whine...
[golfclap]

Your life is complete. Enjoy the next eight years.

Originally posted by: alchemize
Fricken sig-worthy if you ask me!

| |
VV
Awesome, I love getting sigged! And in 100 days, when I'm right, you'll probably crawl out from under your mommy's skirt and change it.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
And leftists here whine when I or others use the phrase obamessiah or the like.... I'll have to bookmark this thread next time I hear that whine...
[golfclap]

Your life is complete. Enjoy the next eight years.

Fricken sig-worthy if you ask me!

| |
VV
Awesome, I love getting sigged! And in 100 days, when I'm right, you'll probably crawl out from under your mommy's skirt and change it.
Mommy's skirt! Oh that's a good one!

While you're making X day predictions, how many days until the deaths in Iraq and Pakistan are attributable to Obama, just curious?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
While you're making X day predictions, how many days until the deaths in Iraq and Pakistan are attributable to Obama, just curious?
Keep me informed when the dipshits in our military bomb another Afghani wedding party and I'll let you know.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Keep me informed when the dipshits in our military bomb another Afghani wedding party and I'll let you know.
Will do! I predict it won't take 100 days, and it will continue on for a long time.

Which dipshits specificially are you referring to - the pilot dipshits?

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
The next eight years will be epic.

All the righties were hoping for a role reversal. In the back of their mind, they wanted Obama to be a Democratic version of Bush...a failure so complete that the media and all the citizenry would mock his every move.

Unfortunately [for them], it looks like Obama will be the gilded President. Everything he touches will turn to gold. Look for near universal appraise on the actions during his first 100 days from both the media and the voters. And all the righty nut jobs will get further and further marginalized with each passing day from now until 2016.

Enjoy the ride :laugh:
Whoa there. Let's see how the economy is doing in 2-3 years before we make any claims like that. ;)

But I'm hopeful, I think Obama has the intelligence and resolve to tackle some of the tough issues facing us. That's why I voted for him.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
The next eight years will be epic.

All the righties were hoping for a role reversal. In the back of their mind, they wanted Obama to be a Democratic version of Bush...a failure so complete that the media and all the citizenry would mock his every move.

Unfortunately [for them], it looks like Obama will be the gilded President. Everything he touches will turn to gold. Look for near universal appraise on the actions during his first 100 days from both the media and the voters. And all the righty nut jobs will get further and further marginalized with each passing day from now until 2016.

Enjoy the ride :laugh:

epic post.

irwincur

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2002
Unfortunately [for them], it looks like Obama will be the gilded President.

Apparently you do not know what gilded means.

It means a light coating of gold covering a far more worthless substance. The Gilded Age is a good example, the freewheeling time in the US when everything looked good - yet a depression was looming. People were fooled into a false sense of security and wealth.

So, if you mean that he has a shiny exterior and a worthless interior - then you are indeed correct.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: Ocguy31
Yay for legislation coming from the executive branch with no oversight!

Heh this is his staff, he sets the wages for these people.

Now while this sounds promising it is more symbolic than anything. These are new staff anyways. I would have been more impressed if he didnt hire what, 1700 staff members? Why the hell does the president of the united states need 1700 staff members?

the freeze actually only effects about 450 people on Obama's staff.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
So he will put a pay freeze on a 100 people to save money... and then spend $850 billion.

BRILLIANT!!

This man deserves an Oscar for best president.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: irwincur
Unfortunately [for them], it looks like Obama will be the gilded President.

Apparently you do not know what gilded means.

It means a light coating of gold covering a far more worthless substance. The Gilded Age is a good example, the freewheeling time in the US when everything looked good - yet a depression was looming. People were fooled into a false sense of security and wealth.

So, if you mean that he has a shiny exterior and a worthless interior - then you are indeed correct.

If you're going to play Mr. Dictionary, "gilded" just means "covered in gold", it says NOTHING about the substance underneath. That definition has begun to creep into common usage due to the widespread practice of gilding cheap objects, but that's not what the word actually means.

Neither you nor I will know enough about Obama's interior until he's been president for a while.

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Budmantom
So he will put a pay freeze on a 100 people to save money... and then spend $850 billion.

BRILLIANT!!

This man deserves an Oscar for best president.

penny wise... dollar foolish

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008

Wow.. maybe you could go spit in the face of some of our troops? Asshole.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil

Wow.. maybe you could go spit in the face of some of our troops? Asshole.

I'm sure he already has.