First Drive: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Emotion Theatere

We found slower traffic pulled to the side as soon as we came up behind them
:evil:
The typical references to fuel mileage were missing.
:)
One of the reps from Chrysler Groups Performance Vehicle Operations (PVO) observed that the SRT-10 wasn't afraid of bad weather, "not cyclones, typhoons or lightning."
:) x 2
Remember, traction control is not available.
:) x :)
Just remember, there is no traction control on this monster.
:) to the :) power
They told us that there would only be about 3,000 of the SRT-10s built
:(
It's a toy for performance enthusiasts who can justify an indulgence with a $45,795 sticker price (including destination).
:Q :D

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Dear Daimler/Chrysler

I would be significantly interested in a Viper-powered Town & Country. Please inform me as to the availability of such a vehicle.

Sincerely,

Rent

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Originally posted by: Rent
Dear Daimler/Chrysler

I would be significantly interested in a Viper-powered Town & Country. Please inform me as to the availability of such a vehicle.

Sincerely,

Rent

:Q

Feb 10, 2000
I have to wonder whether this is anywhere near as practical as a Lightning. The Viper requires VERY expensive routine maintenance, and if this truck is similar it will be incredibly costly to maintain if it logs any real mileage. Pretty cool in any case.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Syringer
And that said this has to be the most powerful car ever built this side of $50k..
I'm sure more can be dug up somewhere, Heck the Cummins HO is 600lbs of torque.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Don_Vito
I have to wonder whether this is anywhere near as practical as a Lightning. The Viper requires VERY expensive routine maintenance, and if this truck is similar it will be incredibly costly to maintain if it logs any real mileage. Pretty cool in any case.

I personally think the HD edition F-150 w/ some after market tweaks to bring it up to Lighting performance is the best bang for the buck...as far as fast trucks go.