First dead Halliburton employee

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rawoutput

Banned
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
Wow. All the Princess Diana crybabies came out of the closet. He had no business there. He didn't have to go there. He was collateral damage. Maybe Cheney will send an autographed picture to his family.

Starved for attention? Good thing in all of your bigoted anti-American sentiment you took the time to learn English so that you could post your conceited views to people who could really care less about how you feel. The person from Halliburton who died had the choice to be in a hostile area, sure, collateral damage in that respect. He had one thing over you, though; he wasn't worthless.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I guess I was saying I don't think your generalizations work. Looters get shot, it comes with the occupation. The nationality of said looters is what is irrelevent. Sounds like we can agree on the American government giving it's citizens first consideration over those of other nationalities. If you feel the need to put a national/racial slant on it, so be it.

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
Awww, isn't that cute, the chickensh1t covering his toothless grin.
You misunderstand, your comment was amusing, just not that amusing. That's okay, I understand, and you don't have to act tough. I promise I won't be mean to you.

I'm curious though, what exactly is it you think I'll need pity for? Don't worry about me going to federal prison, I have no plans on commiting treason, no matter what big boy trys to trick me with clever ploys. Be safe!

shuan24

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2003
Heres an analogous situation for all y'all:

A robber robs a bank and tries to get away, but only to get blown up by terrorists.

Should we have pity on the bank robber? Yes, he lost his life, but had he not be doing what he was doing, he would not be in that situation.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: kage69
I guess I was saying I don't think your generalizations work. Looters get shot, it comes with the occupation. The nationality of said looters is what is irrelevent. Sounds like we can agree on the American government giving it's citizens first consideration over those of other nationalities. If you feel the need to put a national/racial slant on it, so be it.

I mean, it doesn't sound like we're talking about how things should be. We can argue that till we are blue in the face. The way things are, however, is that if an American looter gets killed by Iraqis, there is probably going to be some retaliation. However, if an Iraqi looter gets killed by Americans, they probably had better not retaliate, because the Americans can retaliate much better than the Iraqis can.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: shuan24

A robber robs a bank and tries to get away, but only to get blown up by terrorists.

Should we have pity on the bank robber? Yes, he lost his life, but had he not be doing what he was doing, he would not be in that situation.

What if he had to rob the bank to feed his starving family? I mean, it's not as cut and dried as all that.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000

He's not stealing anything you chump. The article said he was working at a refinery-probably repairing the iraqi infrastructure that will allow money to flow to citizens and improve their quality of life. To compare him to a bank robber is outrageous. :|

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
stealing IS stealing, in any language, country, or society.

And so is killing...again, I don't think anyone is debating how things oughtta be..."That's just the way it is, some things never change."

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
That's okay, I understand, and you don't have to act tough....

I would hardly characterize my actions in this thread toward you as "tough"....a proper discription would simply be "mocking sarcasm". Calling you a chickensh1t merely describes your behavior and is certainly not an indication of my toughness.

I'm curious though, what exactly is it you think I'll need pity for?

What exactly is it that you think I would need *your* pity for? :p

InfectedMushroom

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2001
I'm...not sure what you're trying to say. You're talking about Americans shooting Americans during the LA riots, and during Andrew. It's incomparable. I'm saying that, in general, American lives tend to be more valuable, to the US, than Iraqi lives (whether that is the way it should be or not is irrevelant; that is the way it is). So, from that, I am extrapolating that, again, in general, an American looter's life is more valuable than an Iraqi looter's life.

No, it is more valuable to an american observer, not to an iraqi one. The iraqi's life would be more valuable to an iraqi in general right? And to someone from an impartial country both lives would be worth the same (hopefully).

try to see it from the other side too. it might help.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001

That anology is about as appropriate as tits on a bull. Care to try for another.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: InfectedMushroom
I'm...not sure what you're trying to say. You're talking about Americans shooting Americans during the LA riots, and during Andrew. It's incomparable. I'm saying that, in general, American lives tend to be more valuable, to the US, than Iraqi lives (whether that is the way it should be or not is irrevelant; that is the way it is). So, from that, I am extrapolating that, again, in general, an American looter's life is more valuable than an Iraqi looter's life.

No, it is more valuable to an american observer, not to an iraqi one. The iraqi's life would be more valuable to an iraqi in general right? And to someone from an impartial country both lives would be worth the same (hopefully).

try to see it from the other side too. it might help.

Why did you start out your reply with "No"? You just agreed with me. I said that, to the US, an American's life is more valuable than an Iraqi's. And, again, I agree that an Iraqi's life would be more valuable to Iraq than an American's. However, who is holding the bigger guns right now in Iraq? Americans or Iraqis? Which is likely to bring a greater retaliation? I think an Iraqi killing an American would. Again, I am not debating how things should be, or even how I feel about, or view the situation. I am merely stating how things are viewed, from the American perspective, which, when staring down the gunbarrel of an M-16 (as opposed to an AK-47), is the only one that matters.

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
What exactly is it that you think I would need *your* pity for?
Nothing, I never said you needed it merely that I was torn between pity and envy. If your question is why am I torn--blissful ignorance--God, how I long for those days sometimes.

You, however stated I would need it, although for what I can't imagine. That's okay, you don't have to answer the question. Again, I understand. Keep warm!

Oops, spelling.

shuan24

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: jjones

That anology is about as appropriate as tits on a bull. Care to try for another.

Yes, a simply analogy is not suffice to describe this complex situation. However, I was merely mentioning the fact that they are over there stealing oil in the first place and he died.

Heres my point: Iraq has been in the oil business for how long? One year? Two years? Fifty years? So, if Iraq has been in the oil business for an extended amount of time, how can one say that theres NO other Iraqi oil company to rebuild what-cha-ma-call-its by themselves?? And theres somehow a necessity for an American company?

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
The USA like Nazi Germany.
Uh, does that mean you want us to annex your country. Because if you make us do that, we will turn the rest of it into EuroDisney (the only way to make you people seem tolerable--by comparison).

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
Congradulations GuyDebordJudoClub, you're one of few to make me make a broad generalization.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Someone throw that moron some toilet paper, it's getting all over his shirt!

Well, I guess if our country sucked as much ass as his does, we'd be bitter too. ;)

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: GuyDebordJudoClub
Poor puppet of the Bush family died for rebuilding what was destroyed by years of bombing by Bush and Clinton.
Each time the masters of the USA make money: the military-industrial complex, oilmen, Bush,...
At least one millions Iraqis died since 1991, since the USA forced Saddam to attack Koweit like they forced Japan to attack the USA decades ago.
In the eighties Iraq was the most developped arab country, before the CIA convinced Saddam to attack Iran, telling him it would have been an easy victory.
Now Iraq is in smithereens.
The USA like Nazi Germany.

Do they have the little school buses in France?