Question First Computer Build

atumes

Apr 21, 2020
Hello! First time building a pc and was wondering if this is a good mid tier gaming build.

Case: Antec Performance Series P120 Crystal
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X
MotherBoard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2 x 16 GB
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Liquid ML360R ARGB
Hard drive: Western Digital Cavier Blue 1 TB
SSD: Team GX2 512 GB
Power Supply: Gamdias Kratos P1 G 750 W 80+ Gold

Im also putting in 4 x InWin Jupiter AJ120 ARGB Fans

Let me know if anything sounds off or wrong in the build.
Thank you!

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
That case looks like it's trying to be a PC-011 Dynamic, is there a reason you didn't choose the original?

Same question for the CPU, why a 2700x? Is it really cheap ($100?) where you are?

2060 Super isn't a bad card, but if the price is similar you could consider the AMD 5700/XT (about 10% faster)

For the MOBO, I know that board has the same VRM as the Tomahawk and a few extra features.
I think it comes down to price, what's the difference between it and the B450 Tomahawk Max?
As you get closer to $200 it makes more sense to get the X570 Tomahawk (new release).

RAM, do you need 32GB? What speed and latency are you considering?
I'd suggest minimum 16GB 3200MHz CAS 16, but up to 32GB and 3600MHz depending on budget and purpose.

For the CPU cooler, I'd think about dropping the water cooling entirely. I'm guessing that's $100 there.
The stock Wraith MAX/Prism coolers aren't bad in a properly ventilated case, or a cheaper air cooler could be an option.

For the HDD and SSD, I wonder if it would be smarter to get a better quality and larger SSD and just forget the HDD.
Right now a decent 1TB SATA SSD is just over $100, a good 1TB NVME drive is about $150, a 2TB SATA SSD around $200.

As for the PSU, I'd consider a different unit that's known good quality around 600 watt.
I think even a high quality 500 watt could run the system as configured.

I don't have much to say about the fans. Because they're RGB I think those are form over function (which is subjective).
Personally I'd rather get some good non RGB fans that cost less and perform better.

________________________________________________________________________________

TLDR:
I'd like to know the overall budget and price of the items currently in the build.
If this is in the US market, I think there are ways to improve.