First build, not sure where to start.

ceejsradx3

Mar 4, 2013
I'm looking for some insight. Wanting to build my first computer. Been wanting to make it a htpc because most of what I do is watch anime, movies, netflix, etc.

I also enjoy light gaming? A few emulators and then digimon masters :p

In some free time I photoshop backgrounds for my laptop, tablet, iphone.

I'm hoping that gives you guys enough info on what I do, so maybe you can help me access the necessary parts. :D

Not looking to spend too much, I don't imagine I need much since it's nothing extensive.

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
You are actually asking quite a bit out of your machine, believe it or not. Streaming movies is one thing, gaming another, and photoshop still another.

Need to know a budget, what equipment you have, what kind of monitor or TV this is streaming to, etc...

ceejsradx3

Mar 4, 2013
Well I was thinking 500ish, but after your comment I'm afraid to know what it should be.

My monitor would be a 32" LG 720.

As far as equipment, I have none for it. I know what I need, I just don't know specifics. Like should I get a AMD or maybe Intel i3 processor, what mobo. I just have no idea.

Charlie98

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2011
Well I was thinking 500ish, but after your comment I'm afraid to know what it should be.

My monitor would be a 32" LG 720.

As far as equipment, I have none for it. I know what I need, I just don't know specifics. Like should I get a AMD or maybe Intel i3 processor, what mobo. I just have no idea.

$500 isn't too far outside... knowing you are streaming to a monitor helps. An i3 would probably work, using the integrated GPU might not get you the performance you would like in gaming, depending on what games you are running. Building towards the gaming needs will certainly cover the HTPC side, and a processor capable of gaming should handle light Photoshop duties as well...

Like StrangeBrew suggests... answer those questions and lets see what kind of response we can get!