First 'anti-stab' knife to go on sale in Britain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
They will also have to ban, stones, water and any device that can make the stone go round and round.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
I hate those safety knives with the serrated ridges set way back on a rounded edge; college had them in their cafeteria. Freaking worthless forks work better than those things. So what if they sell a knife that doesn't have a point big deal; atleast it'll work better than the knife I just mentioned.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Is this real? I mean, I know this is LOLENGLAND...but, really?

Anyway, they should just give you a plastic knife instead. At least those really can't be used to harm anyone...if you try to stab some one with those, or hell, cut a piece of boiled chicken, it'll just bust right in half in your hand!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: PingSpike

yeah its real. this is a area that is calling for the BAN of kitchen KNIVES.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: PingSpike

yeah its real. this is a area that is calling for the BAN of kitchen KNIVES.

Its particularly silly since while you'd have a hard time building a gun much better then a musket loader about any idiot could fabricate a decent killing knife from a piece of crudely cut steel or other material...or fuck, just stab them with a pair of scissors or a screwdriver. The end result is what exactly?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
We get Chia pets and they get anti-stab knife... I think they are ahead.

And I guess the dude has never seen a Chinese clever. Or any HK gangster movie where they are fighting with "Watermelon Knife"

Feb 6, 2007
He said: ?It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can?t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.?

I'll bet him a million pounds I could inflict a fatal wound on him with that knife. Let's see him take that bet; if he's so sure that you can't inflict a fatal wound, what's he got to lose? He'll be a millionaire provided a knife that can cut through celery can't make it through his jugular.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
Originally posted by: Titan
So I guess I can't sneak up on someone and stab their throat FTW now.

unless you bring your own stabby knifey. i carry one in my pocket, another in my truck and have a few hidden around the house. yup, im a bit paranoid at times.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA
the fact that doctors or anyone for that matter advocated banning knives is repulsive. I wish someone would....

Wonder if those doctors use anti-stab scalpels?

Aug 23, 2000
Soon they will ban reproduction. Because if we don't have any children, then evenetually when everyone dies out, there won't be anyone to kill or be killed.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: OCguy
UK is a joke

Not so much a joke when you realize that what happens there usually happens here sooner or later.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Looking at the article, it has a pretty sharp point on the forward edge of the blade. Stab in the right direction, and you can easily stab somebody fatally.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: spidey07
Originally posted by: OCguy
UK is a joke

And yet the US wants to be just like them. I weep for my country.

yeap. its slowly headed in that direction.

And the funniest thing? The people leading us there call themselves "progressive" and "liberal."

Authoritarianism is NOT liberal nor is it progressive.

pnad

May 23, 2006
I don't see a problem with blunt tip kitchen knives. I don't need a point on my steak knife.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
I guess I don't really see the problem here. Regular knives are still on sale, correct? No one in the government is stepping in and banning regular knives?

So a single entrepreneur saw a market for knives that won't allow you to stab people, designed them and manufactured them for sale alongside regular knives. I don't really see what the problem is here.