First $4 for coffee based drinks. Now 'Age management.' What else to target people w/discressionary income?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
CNN

Age management: U.S. anti-aging products market worth $45.5 billion annually and growing

NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE

ie:
An initial consultation costs $2,250 and patients pay $995 every six months for unlimited consultations. Add anywhere from $200 to $500 a month for blood work and supplements, and it gets pricey.

geez.. i need to get in the field that targets people with lots of discressionary income.

And apparently try for the bigger and more expensive BS since it seems there's no limit to what semi-wealthy people will pay for.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
I bet a lot of that money is wasted. You can find just as good info. on workouts and diet for free, although sifting through the BS can be difficult.

Now the GH and other hormones, I'd imagine that would get pretty expensive if insurance didn't cover it.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Damn! I have heard about it but didnt realize it was that expensive!!! :Q

ppdes

May 16, 2004
I read an article once where someone tried all the anti-aging drugs including growth hormone. Sounded like they had some pretty amazing effects. Even his vision measurably improved, for example. Old age is your body breaking down, taking medicine to help counteract that seems like a great idea to me, not BS.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
What else to target people w/discressionary income?
Just watch the shopping channels or late-night commercials. All sorts of wonderful "As Seen on TV" crap. There are companies working all the time to invent new things that people don't really need, but which can be marketed so that they think they do.