Fireworks

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
are they legal in your state?

I remember driving to Virginia every year from NJ to buy butt loads of fireworks for 4th of July.
In Va you can buy them at gas stations and grocery stores.. :) but not here..

how bout you guys?

DnetMHZ

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
Very legal down here near Los Angeles. I still have about 25 dollars worth stocked up :D

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think they're illegal in Nevada..

Go figure, nothing to burn down there but sand. :p

TonyG

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Legal down here in Texas, may have to try to dig out a photo of what I had last 4th, though it doesn't include *all* my fireworks:D

Atrail

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
In Texas they are legal. Most cities prohibit you from setting them off in the city limits, but you can have them in the city no problem.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Illegal here. Not that that stops me from putting on a decent show for my blcok. Having a huge 100 acre field behind me is nice. I even have a friend who's father has a demo license. Now that comes in handy :p

I heard that now they mark explosives with little markers that can tell where the explosives were bought now though, so I have to be mroe careful not to get anyone besides myself busted.

bleckywelcky

Sep 16, 2002

Well that depends. Me and my friends built some *ahem* "fireworks" a while back, but we never kept them long enough or stuck around long enough after we set them off to ask the cops if they were legal. ;)

-

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
I guess it would depend on what you concider "Fire Works". The stuff you can get around here is UBER lame.

You couldn't even blow off a FINGER, let alone a hand or arm with this crappy stuff.

When I think FIREWORKS, I think off all the fun dangerous stuff we had as kids.

You could blow HUGE holes in the ground, destory your Model collection, and wound small furry creatures back in them days. Of course you had to walk 10 miles in the snow, up hill both ways to get them. But we were happy to have them, and we liked them that way.

SharkyTM

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2002
partially legal in VA, as an aside to the original post... the really legal ones are fountains and such... cant fly off the ground, or launch anything...... :(:(:(

However, if anyone drives on I-81 through WV (its only about 15 miles long) theres a Wholesale place that sells EVERYTHING--- China Direct get off at Exit 5- inwood, WV drive south about 3 miles... you'll see the signs. Just have a Drivers License from a state other than WV... and he can sell 'em to ya.

The owner has only 3 fingers... i noticed this when my dad and i were doing work for him- scared the hell outa me....
turns out, has nothing to do with fireworks... Car accident......

Shark

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
The owner has only 3 fingers... i noticed this when my dad and i were doing work for him- scared the hell outa me....
turns out, has nothing to do with fireworks... Car accident......

LMFAO!