Question Firefox issues

ithehappy

Oct 13, 2013
I have been using Chrome for a long time now, never did like it but carried on using nonetheless. Few days ago I noticed that it was keeping my CPU at 50% usage! Uninstalled then and there.

Anyway, Firefox is obviously the go to browser, but the decade old problem still remains for me, and that is the font issue; the fuzzy, blurred and bold font so to speak. Attaching a screenshot, see if you can notice, it's extremely noticeable anyway. I am on a fresh Windows 10 LTSC copy, so everything is at default settings (because I am aware Cleartext reference comes up in these situations). Every browser has fine looking font except Firefox.

Another problem was noticed, that while uploading files to G Drive it was taking unusually long, like 3 times as much compared to Chrome or Edge. Not sure what's up with that. Tried many times, and the issue can reproduced almost every time.

So, despite me wanting to use Firefox as main browser these hindrances are making to me keep using Edge for the time being. If there's any solution to these I would be really glad to know and remain thankful.

Attachments

• Browser font comparison.PNG
    Browser font comparison.PNG
    517.8 KB · Views: 16

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
Strange ! I've been using FF for years and don't have that issue; however, I do have to tweak True Type Fonts and I like 175% DPI in Windows plus you can always hit that + button in the FF Zoom feature.

I usually run a Hi-Res 2560 x 1440p 27" PLS monitor with at least a 120 Hz refresh rate - Presently on a PIXIO 7 Prime with an AMD Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT driving her and can do 165 Hz for some Games @ 1440p at over 144 FPS.

My eye site really isn't that great either.

Last edited:

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Hmm, strange. I have never run into these issues either. Have you considered trying setting up a new profile in FF to see if they go away? Also, maybe try the developer edition (you can install it along with normal FF) and see if that changes anything?

ithehappy

Oct 13, 2013
These issues are very much common. I searched on Google about them but there is no constructive solution to either of them despite many users complaining about the same. I will try Developer Edition and check if these persist there too, thanks.

PS: Same problem on FF Dev Edition persists. What a shame

Last edited: