manoj_patel

Sep 16, 2014
plus.google.com
It's in my mind or it's true why chrome always feel faster compare to Mozilla

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Firefox will now protect you against running older versions of the browser which can lead to data corruption and stability issues
This will be a bit annoying if somebody was in a hurry.
Users will no longer be able to upload and share screenshots through the Firefox Screenshots server. Users who want to keep existing screenshots need to export them before the server shuts down in the coming months.
I never find posting screenshot from their server reliable anyway.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
From a report:

"The 10th release since Mozilla's big Firefox Quantum launch in November 2017 doubles down on performance and privacy. Firefox 67 includes deprioritizing least commonly used features, suspending unused tabs, faster startup, blocking of cryptomining and fingerprinting, Private Browsing improvements, voice input in the Android search widget, and more. [...] Firefox 67 is better at performing tasks at the optimal time, resulting in faster "painting" of the page. Specifically, the browser deprioritizes least commonly used features and delays set Timeout to prioritize scripts for things you need. Mozilla says Instagram, Amazon, and Google searches now execute between 40% and 80% faster. Firefox also now scans for alternative style sheets after page load and doesn't load the auto-fill module unless there is a form to complete. Next, Firefox 67 detects if your computer's memory is running low (under 400MB) and suspends unused tabs. If you do click on a tab that you haven't used or looked at in a while, it will reload where you left off. Finally, Firefox 67 promises faster startup for users that customized their browser with an add-on. "

Aug 25, 2001
Next, Firefox 67 detects if your computer's memory is running low (under 400MB) and suspends unused tabs. If you do click on a tab that you haven't used or looked at in a while, it will reload where you left off.
Hey, that seems like a cool feature for Netbook-class PCs.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Seeing a definite speed boost, which is always great!! I feel like they are on the right track now with FF.

Mar 9, 2005
It's in my mind or it's true why chrome always feel faster compare to Mozilla

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
I use both and Chrome does seem to be faster at many things but I've also noticed that I must use FF or Edge chromium to load certain sites that it refuses to handle properly.

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
Next, Firefox 67 detects if your computer's memory is running low (under 400MB) and suspends unused tabs. If you do click on a tab that you haven't used or looked at in a while, it will reload where you left off.
This is PITA for me. I still have more than 4GB but it kept unloading my tabs. Thankfully, there's workaround, as usual in about:config.
browser.tabs.unloadOnLowMemory set to "false"

Jan 8, 2010
I agree that Firefox overall seems slower than it used to be. For me as an example, Youtube is very slow and hangs quite often. I've went through all the usual troubleshooting aside from a reinstall without any improvement.

Aug 25, 2001
I've been on Firefox Nightly, for a long while now, and while it can often have "regressions", they are usually fixed within an update or two. (Happens multiple times a day.)

But when I upgraded Win10 to 1903 in-place, some aspects of Firefox seemed to "act up". Scrolling was choppy in places, like it was running at 30FPS, but I verified in Advanced Displays Properties, Monitor, that it was set at 60Hz. Also, scrolling showed tearing. Like the Windows' Desktop Compositor wasn't working right. I also upgraded my graphics drivers to AMD 19.5.2, on my RX 570 card. Maybe it was because it defaults to Crossfire enabled when you re-install AMD drivers with two cards installed? Anyways, it seems OK now.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Is it me or is does it seem like firefox is using the free Avast free playbook with all these features?

UsandThem

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
I found out one of my email addresses was in a data breach from a site I used to buy concert tickets in 2011. That's kind of useful feature.

That said, Mozilla needs to get its act together when it comes with Norton. They apparently revoked the certificate for Norton Safe Web, so that doesn't work. I find it handy when checking out unknown sites / links. https://community.norton.com/en/forums/glitch-breaking-all-firefox-extensions

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Yes, the data breach notification program is pretty nice. I've used it too.

As far as Norton, I think they may have fixed the extensions and revoked certificate problem already?

If not, have you looked into the Virustotal addon which also scans URLs? I believe it has the same functionality.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/virustotal-scan

I found out one of my email addresses was in a data breach from a site I used to buy concert tickets in 2011. That's kind of useful feature.

That said, Mozilla needs to get its act together when it comes with Norton. They apparently revoked the certificate for Norton Safe Web, so that doesn't work. I find it handy when checking out unknown sites / links. https://community.norton.com/en/forums/glitch-breaking-all-firefox-extensions