Firefox 62 Released

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
What do the mean by "Removed the description field for bookmarks. Users who have stored descriptions using the field may wish to export these descriptions as html or json files, as they will be removed in a future release."

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
What do the mean by "Removed the description field for bookmarks. Users who have stored descriptions using the field may wish to export these descriptions as html or json files, as they will be removed in a future release."

Removing features to make things better.....blah.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Removing features to make things better.....blah.
I feel your pain. After I saw your post I took another look and found what they mean. I had to click the little "more" arrow to see the description. I'm not sure why that would hurt anything or why they would get rid of it except making change for the sake of change.

description.jpg

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I do. It is easier for me to search bookmarks+keywords to go back to sites I've visited before, rather than use history or saved links on my PC sometimes. Plus it keeps things more organized...

Reactions: corkyg

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I wish that all browsers performed a bookmark validation test like the old netscape did.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I hope not either. I also hope that this feature can be toggled on or off.

Does this mean that our Firefox browsers will now have a permanent Google cookie to facilitate this? No thanks. I hope Waterfox doesn't integrate that.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
What is "WebRender", and how does that differ from "Quantum" and "QuantumFlow"?

That's not server-side rendering of web pages, is it? I certainly don't want some server somewhere (even Mozilla's own, sorry) reading every URL I visit. Not because they're bad, but because someone watching over my shoulder all the time, gives me the creeps...

Edit: After reading the linked article, I am relieved to report, that this is none other than GPU acceleration of web page rendering, using video-game-like draw calls, rather than GDI-style invalidation rectangles.

Currently, appears limited to Nightly builds, and NVidia-only GPUs, no AMD yet. Which leave me out.

Sounds cool, though.