dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Just watched the pilot episode (Serenity) on HDNet last night. I had forgotten how great this show was! Everything was perfect about it, from the set and costumes to the acting and special effects.

Why was it ever canceled in the first place, and is there a chance of it coming back on another network?

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
No.

Maybe come back in comic book form but never on TV.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
I love that show, I have the series on DVD, and I have the movie Serenity, too.

They're not going to continue the show, no. They ARE making a second movie, though.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: manowar821

They're not going to continue the show, no. They ARE making a second movie, though.

I'm glad to hear that!

I'll probably wait until I get an HD-DVD player to pick up the series.

bearxor

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ElFenix
it really wasn't that good.

I agree the series was not very good. More like all right.

The movie was excellent, but really required knowledge of the series. Thats why I don't think it brought in the dough. It just wasn't accessible. I think a new movie would do better.

The endings of Firefly were great but the rest of the show was usually ho-hum. Some of them are gems though. More than a couple, and thats saying something for a show that only had 14 episodes.

SZLiao214

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
I heard that they were making another movie that would probably be direct to DVD. Ill get it when it comes out :)

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: dainthomas

I'm glad to hear that!

I'll probably wait until I get an HD-DVD player to pick up the series.

sweet butter!

Nightfall

Golden Member
Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: SZLiao214
I heard that they were making another movie that would probably be direct to DVD. Ill get it when it comes out :)

Where did you hear that? I heard that they weren't making another movie and the show was in essence, dead. I have heard that another movie wasn't going to happen.

Canun

Apr 1, 2006
Joss Whedon won't do it. When the show was cancelled, he was disappointed. The rather large sales of the series on DVD actually paved the way to the movie. But the movie wasn't a blockbuster, and Whedon gave up on a revival of the series.

I loved that show, but too many of the actors have moved on.

middlehead

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
The contract between Fox and Universal that allowed Universal to make the movie did not include TV rights. Universal couldn't make a new show if they wanted to, and Fox doesn't want to.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Everyone I know how has seen the TV show has liked it.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

Why didn't you like it?

How about another movie?

didn't see the movie. watched the first 4 episodes from the dvd set and wasn't impressed. too disjointed, too weird, etc.

Aug 23, 2000

Why didn't you like it?

How about another movie?

didn't see the movie. watched the first 4 episodes from the dvd set and wasn't impressed. too disjointed, too weird, etc.

You're the only person that I've heard that didn't like it after watching a few episodes. IF you can, watch "Our Mrs. Reynolds" and see if you like that episode.

As much as I would like to see a return of Firefly, the only way it can happen is if Serenity( the movie) is struck from cannon, as two main characters are killed, one of which is someone everyone wanted to know more about.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000

REALLY???? Where did you hear this?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Just watched the pilot episode (Serenity) on HDNet last night. I had forgotten how great this show was! Everything was perfect about it, from the set and costumes to the acting and special effects.

Why was it ever canceled in the first place, and is there a chance of it coming back on another network?

the stupid tv execs screwed it up.

1st the aired episodes in wrong order.

then the baseball playoffs happened. then something else happened to preempt firefly. during that time, firefly's schedule was suxxors due to no definite pattern on when it would air