FireDaemon troubles...

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I recently switched to the command line version of F@H (V4 beta I believe) and tried to get FireDaemon going so I wouldn't have to stare at the F@H button on the taskbar. I installed and configured the service, but it won't start. When I try to force the service I get an error saying

Could not start the FireDaemon Service: FAH Service on Local Computer.
Error 193: 0xc1

Any ideas?

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Sorry, I'm kind of lost for ideas here. Are you starting the FAH client with the -service switch? Have you run the client once to get it configured? Did you check FAHlog.txt to see if it shows any errors? That's all I can think to suggest. :(

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's using the -service switch, and it's running right now normally (non-service mode). I'm completely baffled.

osage

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
a complete install guide for Fire Daemon can be found HERE.
I find on a new setup it's best to run the client manually till it completes 1 step, or at least writes all the local files. Then stop the client and configure FD. You must use the - in front of the various switches, and you must have a space between the switches.

SAMPLE: -service -forceSSE -verbosity 9

theAnimal

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2003
Use srvany.exe & instsrv.exe to set it up manually.

Do a google search to download and find instructions.

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Here's a screenshot of my settings and the error message. Tried the guide Osage suggested and it does the same thing even after uninstalling and reinstalling FD. I'm about to try theAnimal's suggestion.

bastula

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2000
Could it just be the 4.0 beta itself? Does this happen with the old 3.24 console client?

RustyNale

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: osage
SAMPLE: -service -forceSSE -verbosity 9

osage, do you actually have it typed as " -forceSSE" or will having it as "-forceasm" do the same thing?

RustyNale

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
MonkeyDriveExpress, I just downloaded and installed the new 4.0 console, ran it with the -config switch first, shut it down then re-configured FD to run it with -service -forceasm -advmethods. Seems to be running fine..

Have you tried uninstalling (deleting) FaH and FD completely, then downloading them fresh and reconfiguring them?

osage

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
are you OCing ? ? if so back it down, delete the folder that FAH is installed into, uninstall and delete the folder that FD is in. Download FD v1.6 from HERE.
Download the V4 client again, run it and do the config, don't forget to enter team 198, let it run for a while till it completes a step. Stop the client, configure FD with just the -service flag.
Install and let it run, after it is running without errors you can stop it and edit the service to include any other switches you want.