Fiorina Fired - Not From HP - From McCain Campaign Appearances.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
She said Palin and McCain aren't qualified to run a large corporation. Many of her former employees think the same of her. Looks like McCain thinks she isn't qualified to run a political campaign, either. Another one rides UNDER the bus. :laugh:

Fiorina's comment called 'Biden-like'
Posted: 07:18 PM ET

From CNN Chief National Correspondent John King

(CNN)
? Top McCain-Palin official Carly Fiorina is facing criticism from some within the campaign for a day of what they call "very Biden-like" comments, after the former Hewlett-Packard CEO told two separate interviewers that neither member of the Republican ticket would be capable of running a company.

Democratic VP nominee Joe Biden is noted for his off-the-cuff gaffes.

Asked by a St. Louis radio station whether she thought Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin could run a company like Hewlett-Packard, Fiorina responded: "No, I don't.

?But that's not what she's running for. Running a corporation is a different set of things."

?This campaign source said Fiorina would be discouraged from additional media interviews.

Another top campaign adviser was far less diplomatic.

"Carly will now disappear," this source said. "Senator McCain was furious." Asked to define "disappear," this source said, adding that she would be off TV for a while ? but remain at the Republican National Committee and keep her role as head of the party?s joint fundraising committee with the McCain campaign.
(continues)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Confirmed, she has been "benched":

9-17-2008 Herhold: Ex-HP chief benched for faux pas

So Carly Fiorina is in the doghouse. She said she didn't think Sarah Palin could run a major American company like Hewlett-Packard. Same goes for John McCain, Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

Was she telling the truth? Arguably, yes. Running a major corporation requires a different set of skills than running the country (though given her firing at HP, her answer has a tinge of irony).

In political terms, it doesn't matter. When the country is facing a financial crisis, you don't undermine the message of your team.

The McCain campaign had plenty of warning that Fiorina liked to freelance the message. Before Hillary Clinton supporters in Ohio this summer, she misstated McCain's position on abortion, saying he had "never signed on'' to efforts to overturn Roe vs. Wade.

In fact, McCain has urged a repeal of the landmark ruling.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Isn't she or was not she campaign co-chair for McCain? Oh well, now she is muzzled.

I saw her last Sunday on one of the talking head shows, this week as I recall, and she tried to rudely shout down and interrupt both the moderator and her democratic counterpart.

I was decidedly not impressed with Carly. And the McCain campaign is probably better off without her.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I'd like to bench Fiorina, McCain, and Palin.. and Obama, Biden, Hillary, Bernanke, Bush, Cheney... People need to realize that pretty much every lawmaker sucks.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Originally posted by: brxndxn
I'd like to bench Fiorina, McCain, and Palin.. and Obama, Biden, Hillary, Bernanke, Bush, Cheney... People need to realize that pretty much every lawmaker sucks.

+1

QFT