Fingernails - Cut in private or public

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
My co-worker, every 3 or 4 days takes out her little manicure kit and starts clipping her fingernails, then files them, then does other things to them. Everytime I hear the fingernail cutter 'click', it tends to strike a nerve in me. Occasionally I'll need to consult with her, and there will be a pile of finger nails on her desk or fingernail dust from filing her nails.

My opinion is that this should be done in private, not in public. It really bothers me to see people clipping their fingernails on the bus or at a restaurant, or some other place and the finger nails will go flying.

Actually, I can't think of any human by-product (non-sexual) that anyone really wants around them. Be it hair, ear-wax, snot, saliva, feces, dead skin, or fingernails.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
haha, yeah that's pretty nasty. Just confront her, or is she not very approachable? Be sure to watch out for flying nails...don't get one in the eye!

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
collect some of the clippings, a hank of hair & make an icon

as in the type used to cast spells. looks like a small doll

course you will need to sacrifice a chicken for the blood needed..

go to your friendly local Voodoo provider for complete instructions on how to make her life a living hell

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
PRIVATE PRIVATE PRIVATE!!!

:|

My boss likes to clip his fingernails while I'm standing there talking to him. That is nasty, can't you even wait until I'm out of the room?!?

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
oh man, needs to be private.....
i was taking the mcat back in april and during the last section, the proctor just pulls out a clipper and proceeds to trim up his nails for the next 45 min....talk about hard to concentrate

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
I agree, hearing that annoying click... click coming from the next cubicle is just annoying. I always wonder why people even bring clippers to work. Why not do it at home? I'm not going to bring my razor/toothbrush/deodorant to work and use it here. I prefer to groom myself in my bathroom, not my cubicle.

tonyou

Nov 22, 1999
Should I also lock my door when I clip my fingernails in my room? Sometimes people comes into my room while I am doing it, should I stop then?

Tony