Finally won my first pro competition! Now what to do with the $$$??

gregulator

Apr 23, 2000
Well I finally won my first pro snowboard competition last weekend and I don't know what I want to do with the money (got about a grand). My thoughts have been invest it or buy car stuff. My computer is pretty decent right now and I already have invested some money that I saved from summer jobs (I invested around september so you can guess how happy I am about it right now) but am wondering if I should put more in stocks/mutuals or have some fun and play with it. I would like to have something better sounding in my car (1996 Maxima SE) than the factory cassette but I don't need to be one of those guys that has 20 subs in the trunk and all that crap. The audio is for my ears only, not 20 blocks away. So I don't know if I should bother with and amp or just get a decent head unit and maybe speakers. I also have been playing around with the idea of building a computer for my car, take some of my left over stuff from older projects and build it into a car mp3/videogame/dvd center. Any input is appreciated because I don't want to feel like I blew away my money since I don't have that much. Thanks!

Oct 19, 2000
Me and a friend are going snowboarding for the first time this weekend up in Indiana. Any tips for us beginners??

gregulator

Apr 23, 2000
My investments are already in a Roth IRA through Etrade (who still owe me $100 at buy.com). Indiana? I am geographically ignorant I guess, I never thought anyone would snowboard there... anyway, be prepared for a sore butt and sore knees, but it truely is quite fun :)

highme

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2000
Where was the event, and what event did you win (pipe, big air, gates, boardercross, slopestyle)??

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000

<< anyway, be prepared for a sore butt and sore knees, but it truely is quite fun >>

LOL, Now I really look forward to my first time ... ;)

Oct 19, 2000

<< be prepared for a sore butt and sore knees, but it truely is quite fun >>

WOW, you are absolutely correct. I went snowboarding last weekend, and my butt was sore, and I about tore up my knee. It was quite fun though. I plan on going again, butt hopefully this time in a foot of snow, not just a half inch on top of 2 feet of ice. Damn it hurts when you fall, and stopping on a snowboard while still standing up on the first day you try it is about impossible.