Finally ran a speed test on my new phone-DAYUM!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
On a PC sure, but I've noticed that it's not always the same on mobile. I do believe some ISPs prioritize speedtest traffic to make it look the best but actual usage does not match.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
On a PC sure, but I've noticed that it's not always the same on mobile. I do believe some ISPs prioritize speedtest traffic to make it look the best but actual usage does not match.

I am using my phone as a modem for my PC to test, and it's the same story. Full speeds (which for me is only 20mbps on LTE) on torrents anyway which means pretty much everything else should be fine as well.

Not trying to use up a ton of data testing this theory, but from what I can tell it doesn't throttle at all.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
How fast does it actually download stuff? Speedtest isn't really a real... speed test.

Yeah, most of the mobile networks have their own speedtest servers on their local network. The results from those servers are total BS.

Try picking another server that is not run by your network and try again. If the speeds are even half as fast as tested before, I would be amazed.