Finally played Portal 2. Epic imo! what else?

Evilviking

Jun 2, 2013
Finally picked up Portal 2 on the steam sale for $5. This has got to one if the most enjoyable games I have played in a long time. Very smooth game play. Massive levels. Many (not all) challenging scenarios.

I think I'm most of the way through it. What do you guys recommend that's similar? Puzzle solving.

Thanks.

Btw, how do I update my sig? Do I need to hit 30 posts?

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
Ya, both portal games were amazingly fun. Just serious good times.
Play the first one if you like the puzzles. Plus, it has some really funny dialogue.

You might want to try out some of the player designed maps in the workshop.

As for similar games, there aren't many like portal/portal 2. but maybe antichamber? i just picked up Thomas was Alone and its a cool little puzzle game. also, machinarium, if you can find it, is an awesome puzzle game.

i really wish i could have gotten some of my friends to want to play portal 2 in co-op mode, as i think that would be fun.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Ya, both portal games were amazingly fun. Just serious good times.
Play the first one if you like the puzzles. Plus, it has some really funny dialogue.

You might want to try out some of the player designed maps in the workshop.

As for similar games, there aren't many like portal/portal 2. but maybe antichamber? i just picked up Thomas was Alone and its a cool little puzzle game. also, machinarium, if you can find it, is an awesome puzzle game.

i really wish i could have gotten some of my friends to want to play portal 2 in co-op mode, as i think that would be fun.

I beat the co-op Portal 2 with a friend, it was a blast (they don't rely heavily on timing thankfully, but you need each other's help). Was sad times when it ended because overall it is pretty short.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
My oldest son and I really enjoyed Portal 2. Excellent gameplay, nice changes throughout the game to keep you from getting bored, lasted long enough (as opposed to the first one), and added new stuff, instead of being the first game with a new story line.

Looking forward to 3.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't care all that much for Portal 2. It was very easy with pretty much every puzzle having 1 solution and the solution was normally rather obvious. Oh look at that wall over there that has 1 panel that can accept a portal.

The story and stuff was cool, but I enjoyed Portal 1 much much more.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't care all that much for Portal 2. It was very easy with pretty much every puzzle having 1 solution and the solution was normally rather obvious. Oh look at that wall over there that has 1 panel that can accept a portal.

The story and stuff was cool, but I enjoyed Portal 1 much much more.

Yeah the main issue I had with Portal 2 is that they really limited your "imagination" with portal placement in the game. Way too many non-portal surfaces, but it was still a great game.

Hinda65

Jun 19, 2010
Quantum Condundrum - one of portals level designers left and made this game, i liked it as much if not more than both portals.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Quantum Condundrum - one of portals level designers left and made this game, i liked it as much if not more than both portals.

Yup. The dialog isn't as entertaining (it's a little too childish) but it's still a good game with similar 1st person mechanics.