Finally on a campus network...

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
...and I can't seem to get on a P2P network for the life of me. I can connect to Kazaa, but I can't download a thing. The rest I usually can't connect to a server, or do a search. I've also tried gnutella, edonkey, ares, sharezza. I want some Seinfeld! Anyway, what's going on, what am I missing?

MrBond

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
There was a thread about this the other day and it got locked, just FYI.

But the answer to your question is that your school is blocking traffic over the ports that p2p clients use.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
most colelges (inc. mine) block all that stuff..

not much you can do about it, without violating your collegs network usage TOS.. which could get you kicked out of school

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Setup a local dorm file sharing system. Plenty of different people with different tastes (hopefully the dorm isnt full of the same Britney Spears pop fans with no originality) on the local net. Make use of it.

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
yep mine did as well...

audiogalaxy got around it but now thats gone :p Also Hotline worked for things other than music but I don't think thats hot anymore

If you're on a campus network just search the network of all the shared stuff. Thats how I ended up getting most of mine after the ports were blocked

EDIT: umm n0cmonkey beat me to it, exactly like he said

jaydee

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
ohhh...

Sorry for the repost, I searched kazaa, but found nothing.

This kinda sucks...