Finally off of all social media...

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
...with exception to tiktok, because I like funny shit.

Instagram has become just as bad as watching 24hr news networks. There is no. Fucking. Escape. I had remained on to keep in touch and see pictures of family/friends as well as following some celebrities that I enjoy. But god damn, human beings should have never been given a platform to puke out every single thought or opinion that comes to their mind. No matter what the initial intent of a social media platform is, it always devolves into political/social vomit given enough time. LinkedIn is on the same damn path.

Oh, and I'll save you the trouble -- you can keep your false sense of superiority to yourself:

"i'Ve NeVeR hAd A sOcIaL mEdIa AcCoUnT"
"I dElEtEd MiNe 5 yEaRs AgO"
"LoL mIlLeNiAlS"
"bUt YoU'rE sTiLl On AtOt"

**EDIT** Added another one because ya'll think you're cute.

Last edited:

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I was off SM (except for here, and 2 or 3 other forums that I don't consider to be SM), but my family pulled me in. I now have FB but my profile is empty, TicTok which I like, and twitter which I rarely used when it was new.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I honestly always thought tiktok was the worst one of all because it entirely targets children.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
But god damn, human beings should have never been given a platform to puke out every single thought or opinion that comes to their mind.

Sounds like the M.O. of a few of the more "unique" posters we have here. ;)

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Are you spelling it wrong on purpose or is that some sort of secret social media site I don't know about it.
Oh I was spelling it the way it should be. At least for the most part. It should be TickTock but I can see how that might be confusing.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
...with exception to tiktok, because I like funny shit.

Instagram has become just as bad as watching 24hr news networks. There is no. Fucking. Escape. I had remained on to keep in touch and see pictures of family/friends as well as following some celebrities that I enjoy. But god damn, human beings should have never been given a platform to puke out every single thought or opinion that comes to their mind. No matter what the initial intent of a social media platform is, it always devolves into political/social vomit given enough time. LinkedIn is on the same damn path.

Oh, and I'll save you the trouble -- you can keep your false sense of superiority to yourself:

"i'Ve NeVeR hAd A sOcIaL mEdIa AcCoUnT"
"I dElEtEd MiNe 5 yEaRs AgO"
"LoL mIlLeNiAlS"

Instagram is usually serving me images of food prep, European landscape, and cats.
Maybe it is tailored to the user?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Never really got the appeal of Instagram, I guess you can separate your non family stuff from family stuff by posting there instead of Facebook? I made an account, then turns out you need to use your phone just to be able to upload pictures (that's changed now) so it was more work than just using imgur and I have like 3 pictures on there.

I do have Facebook that I use mostly just to share stuff with family and friends, but the platform has gone so much to crap in the past 10ish years or so. Every time they make a change it's worse. The idea behind it is nice, the execution is bad. I find myself checking in on it but can't say I spend lot of time on there. It's more like 2 minute spurts.

Recently got into Twitter as well, never thought I'd really use it much but I have like 1,000 followers last I checked lol.

Oh and I guess Youtube kinda counts as social media? If there is one Google product I can't do without it's that.