Finally mustered the courage to reject religion.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
After 25 years.. I finally give up. Already feels like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulder. I just spoke with my GF, who is extremely religious BTW, about this and she seems to take it better than I initially thought.

That said; I still don't think Hinduism is bad.. just like the constitution of India. My biggest gripe is the caste system..it is just not relevant in this day and age. I will be waiting, in hope, for that day to come.

People of no faith - UNTIE!!!

/blog

Last edited:

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
What made you decide to give it up? Do you still believe in a god of any kind, or are you completely rejecting creationism?

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
After 25 years.. I finally give up. Already feels like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulder. I just spoke with my GF, who is extremely religious BTW, about this and she seems to take it better than I initially thought. I also told her that she is free to follow her faith and she complied.

That said; I still don't think Hinduism is bad.. just like the constitution of India. My biggest gripe is the caste system..it is just not relevant in this day and age. I will be waiting, in hope, for that day to come.

/blog

You are going straight to hell good luck. Must have been the beef eating that gave you these wild ideas. There is a reason you shouldn't eat it. I'm guessing you will be re incarnated as a snail in your next life.:sneaky:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
GJ. I was about your age when I didn't ignore nagging logics that surfaced everytime I went to church.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Religion really is a burden. Religious people don't see it, but most people never see their burdens regardless of the source.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
and you had to make a thread about it....

what ever happened to "my beliefs are just that, my beliefs...it's really none of your business".

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
You are going straight to hell good luck. Must have been the beef eating that gave you these wild ideas. There is a reason you shouldn't eat it. I'm guessing you will be re incarnated as a snail in your next life.:sneaky:

I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian. I know Hindus believe in reincarnation... but I just can't seem to understand the concept. Say.. I committed a crime and get caught.. I serve my sentence and go free(All in one life time). That must be it right.. I mean I paid for my sins by serving some time.

Last edited:

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
I have the popcorn:

lozGr.gif

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
After 25 years.. I finally give up. Already feels like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulder. I just spoke with my GF, who is extremely religious BTW, about this and she seems to take it better than I initially thought. I also told her that she is free to follow her faith and she complied.

/blog
Untie myself from what? The bonds of religion?

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
what ever happened to "my beliefs are just that, my beliefs...it's really none of your business".

Removal of such a belief is actually a pretty big deal.
I remember when I found out about Santa. While in tears, I just had to go and ask about the Tooth Fairy as well. :'(

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
Freedom from what? God gave you freedom, thus the term "God given rights".

Enjoy your "free thinking", whatever that means.

/sigh.
28lh0s5.gif

I don't have "God given rights." I just have rights. Just because someone coined a meaningless term centuries ago doesn't mean it's true.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Organized religion of any kind is just control; a way of keeping the mooing masses quietly herded up and easy to direct. Want to foment the people of your country into war? Tell them the people of XYC Country said "MY God is better than your puny God!" Works every time. Witness: The Crusades hundreds of years ago with nutjob Christians torturing and murdering thousands and the lunatic Muslim fanatics of today.

At least the other two major religions have been relatively quiet on the world stage. Hindus busy themselves with praying to a thousand different gods and trying to keep them happy and the Buddhists are too busy meditatiing and wondering "What does it all mean?" to cause much of a problem. :)

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Freedom from what? God gave you freedom, thus the term "God given rights".

LOL, he thinks labels prescribe reality rather than being mere attempts to describe it (and as such subject to error.)

Enjoy your "free thinking", whatever that means.

Something along the lines of: Not bound by the limitations of thought that you so patently embody.

Last edited:

SamQuint

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2010
Tags

religion can go to hell

-----------

Thats ironic.

LOL hmmmm if you don't believe in religion can you tell someone or something to go to hell? Hell and heaven only exist if you are a religious person. So by telling someone to go to hell it is an affirmation that you believe in such a place and thus believe in religion. ;)

ironic yes...

Last edited:

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Well you're going to be playing ketchup later in life. And when you do finally realize the error of this decision you will relish the peace of mind you have once again.