Finally got the other half of my site up!

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
That entire site annoys the hell out of me.

It is everything that people can do wrong with flash, short of being just like Casiotech's site.

As far as the art... good job on learning to use photoshop filters.

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
yeah i am not a fan of those kind of flash sites. I understand your trying to make it artsy and stuff.

The west side story set looks great tho.

morkus64

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2004
Originally posted by: KarmaPolice
yeah i am not a fan of those kind of flash sites. I understand your trying to make it artsy and stuff.

The west side story set looks great tho.

Thanks, that was actually the first set i ever designed, back in high school... it's the only one from then i still show, because it was the biggest budget i've gotten so far.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
The overall navigation is way too convoluted and not intuitive enough. The main page w/ the blue bubbles looks too plain withut an minimalist feeling. Not enough color.

morkus64

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2004
Originally posted by: LoKe
Originally posted by: morkus64
Originally posted by: LoKe

what kind of connection are you on?

1mbit. Mind you, I forgot I was downloading something so my connection was crawling.

hehe... i was wondering. It should be pretty quick on anything above dialup. When I access it from school I usually don't even see the loading screen

JSFLY

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2006
I closed it after the 8th loading. You need a progress bar and a link to a normal Nonflash site. Im on a college T1 line.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Too "high-tech" for a site. When I click a link, I want the page to load. Cool graphics, etc are fine, but they can't take too long to load or I get impatient and click elsewhere.

In other words, drop the flashy effects and just get the info onto the page.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: morkus64
Check it out

opinions are more than welcome.

I thought it was very functional for those of us with dsl/cable.
I would question how long it would take to load for people who are 56k.

I agree with somebody else on this thread needs maybe one or 2 more colors.

As it stands right now the design is very clean and well thought out!!

Nice job!!

screw3d

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The big problem with flash, or at least the way people like to do it, is to introduce a long delay between a click to complete load, whether intentionally or not. It is very annoying. Despite what people usually do, no loading bar > any sort of loading screen!

morkus64

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2004
Perhaps I should change the loading screen to something simpler and put progress checks on every frame? (not visible progress bar, just allowing the loading screen to end when loaded at any time... right now it will either go to the site right away, after "d" or after "g") That'd minimize the loading time.

As for 56k, i'm not concerned... My audience is not the general public (at least for the design part), it's fellow designers, colleges and potential employers... They will almost always have at least a 1280x1024 screen and a decent connection.

I do need to change ariklubkin.com to just the design portfolio... the writing will only be located at willowink.net

As for the writing, nodoby has really responded to it... any suggestions / opinions?