Finally got myself a newer car

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Got a pretty good deal on one yesterday down in Houston. 05 Mustang Convertible, premium package, 11.5k miles on it. They had a GT, but I dont really want the V8 model and it was not a convertible.

Drives freakin awesome, drove it up to Dallas today. Only complaint is the rims that it came with, they are worth some money but I dont really like them (Enkei 20" LX-6 chrome rims). I am considering taking them off with the low profile tires, selling them, and putting other ones on.

Drive great though, I will be using my 93 accord for work purposes though, I get payed milage off that car.

Pic of the car

As you can see, the rims have some bling to them lol. They came with the car so I wont complain too much since I can always sell them off if I want.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Cool car. I love Mustangs. :)

Don't worry the America haters will be here any second to shame you for buying an inferior American car.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Xanis
Nice car, though Mustangs are better with the V8 IMO.

I agree, but it was either get the V8 or the convertible, and I wanted the convertible over the speed. The V6 models get better gas milage too, very happy with it.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Originally posted by: MetalMat
Originally posted by: Xanis
Nice car, though Mustangs are better with the V8 IMO.

I agree, but it was either get the V8 or the convertible, and I wanted the convertible over the speed. The V6 models get better gas milage too, very happy with it.

Very good choice! 'vert over HP anyday.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: SolMiester
Damn man, buying an inferior American car...tut tut......LOL

I still own a 93 accord, which is running fine. I will be keeping it for a while.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
I have the V6 model of my car too.....get the V8 better shite all the time....luckily, its supercharged, so I leave them behind!!LOL

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Those wheels really dont "fit" that car, go to tire rack and try on some other styles.

I had a 2000 v6 vert and it was painfully slow with only 190hp, the 05+ v6 has 210hp to start with and plenty more if you want to boost it :)

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Originally posted by: SolMiester
Damn man, buying an inferior American car...tut tut......LOL

Back off, Honda head. :p ;)

Last year GM recalled fewer cars than Toyota. And Toyota recalled more cars than it produced.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Considering it's a V6 Mustang I can see why the previous owner would think it was a good idea to stick those wheels on there. Those rims don't fit the retro looks of 05+ Mustangs at all.