Finally gonna make myself a Skyrim mod.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This seems as good a time as any, since interest is waning and Elder Scrolls online is getting plenty of attention.

I noticed in the Ragged Flagon area we have a bunch of beds arranged around the wall of a large circular room, with plenty of stuff smashed in between. I like the general concept but feel it could be improved.

My room will be a HUGE circle, or possibly oval/ovoid, and loads of personal areas for all my followers. Each of them will have a regular size bed, night stand (possibly with candle or weapon rack) and a chair next to a small personal eating table.

http://i.imgur.com/GAVaaVg.png

Just inside that ring of beds I would like a ring full of work tables, all of them, multiple copies of each (so the followers can do stuff and not get bored). Inside THAT ring, I want a bunch of storage. A box for every thing I can ever find. I'm thinking of scaled down safes, each with a label for a different type of item. Orc ranged, Orc melee, Orc heavy, Orc light, Orichalcum, etc. Would do that for all weapon and armor types, as well as staves & arrows and have safes for special and unique items. Ditto potions, scrolls, gems, everything. That will be the tedious part, cuz each little safe will need a unique name. But in the end I would like my character to just spin around and access everything he needs. Also be able to get to each crafting station with a minimum of steps.
Will also put in one of each stone and shrine, and probably a Mask holder as well. If I'm allowed to steal the Claw Display Rack I saw in another mod, I may use that also. Again, if I can do scaled down versions that still work, that would be great.

The room will be all one cell and ideally nav-meshed so my followers can walk around easily and get to stuff. It will be based on the Ragged Flagon circular room but without the water ways. Walls, floor, and ceiling will be kept simple so as to load quickly and not tax older computers. Probably no decorations, just lights. I am thinking about putting the door somewhere between the farms next to Whiterun, and perhaps a large circle top from the ancient nord ruins to indicate where the Circle would be if it existed in the overworld.

I will update the above blue-print as best I can. If I ever get around to learning the Creation Kit, would people here be willing to test it before I upload a proper working version to the Nexus?
You wont have to help fix the thing, just tell me where you find errors (I might miss a few on my own).

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
Make sure the pre-existing meshes exist for it. Oblivion was pretty bad at having just solid rooms without the ability to easily expand. Morrowind/Fallout had more lego block room meshes which made things much easier to made custom homes for.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Oh skyrim is plenty good for existing stuff. Plus its easy to take current rooms/meshes and just enlarge them, at least if all the mods I've seen are any indication.

Lerner227

Dec 16, 2013
I started to do one - but never got anywhere. Proved a bit difficult and daunting to me.

I wish you the best of luck.

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
Oh skyrim is plenty good for existing stuff. Plus its easy to take current rooms/meshes and just enlarge them, at least if all the mods I've seen are any indication.

Good, Oblivion was pretty bad at that. They didn't give you much to work with, they basically gave you empty rooms and that's about it, unlike the others which gave you parts of the room (corner, middle, edge...etc) and you could snap together like legos.