Finally finished Bioshock Infinite

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Do I need to play the original Bioshock to understand Bioshock 2?

I played halfway through the original but then stopped due to having a lot of work or something. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the original saves anymore...

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Do I need to play the original Bioshock to understand Bioshock 2?

I played halfway through the original but then stopped due to having a lot of work or something. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the original saves anymore...

I would play through 1. Its an extremely good game. That said I don't recall how it linked in with 2. There is a reference in Bioshock infinite to the first Bioshock if I recall but nothing else really.

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
I would play through 1. Its an extremely good game. That said I don't recall how it linked in with 2. There is a reference in Bioshock infinite to the first Bioshock if I recall but nothing else really.

the link was a combination of nostalgia and a little tie in about the Bioshock universe itself, but not critical at all in terms of playing Bioshock 1

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
I've never understood people who play the game like they are on a speed run and then complain about length.

It took me nearly 13 hours to get through it. Their environment artists definitely deserve a gold star for this one.

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
It took me nearly 13 hours to get through it. Their environment artists definitely deserve a gold star for this one.

I fully agree with you on this point. Its the reason I walked around just taking in the sights. :biggrin: