Finally broke down and bought a food processor

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Not big on gadgets and figured there's never a time I needed one. Boy was I ever wrong. I picked up the original Cuisinart food processor. It was pricey but figured there is no such thing as too much power. I knew I would be satisfied when I picked this all motor appliance up, a good 10 pounds.

Fresh salsa? Seconds, toss the ingredients in there.
Running low on bread crumbs? Just toss some old bread in there.
Aiole/sauces - nothing is too quick or too easy for Mr. Food Processor.

Grinding up an entire horseradish for encrusting beef tenderloin? What would have been painstaking on the eyes and sinus cavity for every house member for 30 minutes to grate it is now reduced to 60 second ease.

Need to grate some hard cheese? 30 seconds. Wanna make some dough? a few minutes.

I honestly can't believe it too me this long to get one.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Iron Woode, I'm now of the opinion that there are two appliances one should own if they're gonna cook. A food processor and a stand mixer. These are now the two that will now stay on the counter top as much as I hate to have appliances on the counter top, but I can see the food processor getting the brunt of the work.

Decent pots/pans, decent knifes, decent cutting board.
Then food processor.
Then stand mixer.

I went back and forth on the food processor/blender combos. Figured those wouldn't do a great job as a food processor or a blender, but be mediocre at both.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: spidey07
Iron Woode, I'm now of the opinion that there are two appliances one should own if they're gonna cook. A food processor and a stand mixer. These are now the two that will now stay on the counter top as much as I hate to have appliances on the counter top, but I can see the food processor getting the brunt of the work.

Then food processor.
Then stand mixer.

I went back and forth on the food processor/blender combos. Figured those wouldn't do a great job as a food processor or a blender, but be mediocre at both.
:thumbsup:

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
i had one, devil took it in the divorce. probably never used it.

i miss it sometimes but i have a stick blender with a processor attachment that usually does what i need done. theres maybe a handful of things i may have skipped over because i didnt have a processor, though i did love it when i had it.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Yeah, I had a stick blender. It's just not the same. I kept putting it off and putting it off but now that I have one I'm kicking myself for not just getting it.

My mom was a pretty damn good cook and she used it on most meals. I think I understand why now. So easy, so quick.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
How hard is cleanup?

take out the blade, rinse it with hot water, scrub a little with soap, rinse.

rinse the container, soapy water+sponge, rinse

its easy.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Originally posted by: spidey07

Then food processor.
Then stand mixer.

Kitchenaid FTW.

For stand mixers it's the only option that I know of. We got one for our wedding and its amazing. Use one and you know it's quality, everything feels solid, no flimsy plastic at all. I have no doubt that it will outlast our cars.

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Yah, I got a Kitchenaid. That baby is more powerful than my car. :laugh: