finally bought Burnout 3:Takedown

raz3000

Banned
Jul 14, 2005
I've heard much about this game. Though I've had my PS2 since March 2001 I essentially stopped playing it several years ago. I gave this game a spin and I'm very impressed. Finally, a racing game that rewards (nay, demands) that you drive like a maniac. The graphics and physics of the crashes are phenominal, how can the 5-year-old PS2 do that?. Well I rarely complete my games but this one I certainly will.

I know Burnout Revenge is out, but it's probably not a big change from Takedown and I don't wanna fork over $50 for it. If you have a PS2 and haven't tried Burnout I recommend Takedown wholehearedly.

raz3000

Banned
Jul 14, 2005
i'll enjoy it while it lasts (which is probably when I unlock all the cars). I actually like the racing mode more than crash mode. The AI is really good, and it's not rubberband (as far as I can tell). I don't have a network adapter but I might buy it to play online (I just hope EA doesn't eliminate the online mode for this one anytime soon).

orakle

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Fun game. I've had it on Xbox for awhile and haven't finished it yet... it gets annoying at a certain point and you get fed up of the music really, really fast (I turned it off). It's a lot of fun to play with your friends in Road Rage mode though.

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Its a great game. I like the racing better. Crash mode was fun, but it gets old after a while. I cant wait for the new on on the xbox 360

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Its a ton of fun.

Although I think the AI is VERY rubber-bandy, especially in some of the head to head races.

The only thing I didnt like was the hot laps, some of those are near impossible.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Burnout Revenge is pretty good too, tho Im not as happy with the crash mode in that one, the crash mode in Burnout 3 was the best.

Mar 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Sluggo
Its a ton of fun.

Although I think the AI is VERY rubber-bandy, especially in some of the head to head races.

The only thing I didnt like was the hot laps, some of those are near impossible.

You just suck at teh driving. :D

I didn't find it difficult enough. I made it through all the racing parts too quickly, and then had a bunch of the crash stuff (which I don't like that much, although its pretty fun).

Burnout Revenge is weird. It seems like it would be a lot easier since you can run into the backs of cars and not crash, but its a lot more difficult overall (if you thought the burning laps in 3 were hard, you should see the ones in Revenge).

I didn't like Revenge at first, but it grew on me after a while (partly because it was a lot more challenging, although for a while it was too easy).

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001
Burnout is awesome :D

I'm enjoying Burnout Revenge right now. The AI is a lot better than Burnout 3 so it's a lot more fun, espeically with all the new stuff