Finally beat binding of isaac once....

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I'm almost ashamed to say I played it 8 hours before I ever beat it once.

I got lucky and found polyphemus and technology in one run. Giant laser eye that killed most things in 1 hit.

I suck at this game.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
It was my third time getting to mom. The first two times went very poorly. With that item combo though, the entire game was a cakewalk.

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
I watched a speed run and without doing the cheesiest strategy of waiting for certain items, a guy got to the final fight within 30-40 minutes but got instantly 1 shot because he only had a half of a heart, he used Judas too.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I watched a speed run and without doing the cheesiest strategy of waiting for certain items, a guy got to the final fight within 30-40 minutes but got instantly 1 shot because he only had a half of a heart, he used Judas too.

I never wait for items. I just got lucky that time. I always play until I lose. I like Cain, the luck seems to matter more than that extra heart.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
The real finish unlocking the polaroid and fighting the blue baby in the chest.

But congrats of beating mom's foot (it doesn't count as beating mom though. :p)

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
The real finish unlocking the polaroid and fighting the blue baby in the chest.

But congrats of beating mom's foot (it doesn't count as beating mom though. :p)

I have the achievement "I killed mom" so I count it :p

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
I have the achievement "I killed mom" so I count it :p
:D

You still have a long way to go, but keep at it and you'll reach there.

You'll now go to the womb and fight mom's heart as the final boss. If you beat it nine times mom's heart will be replaced with 'It Lives' which is a foetus. :eek:

After you beat it Lives you can then choose to fight Isaac or Sheol (The Devil).

:cool:

Lazlo Panaflex

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2006
Game is a lot more fun with a gamepad and mapping the buttons using Joy2Key. The Wrath of the Lamb DLC is a must-have. Trust me, get the Mega Fetus and you'll understand ;)

But yeah, the game is pretty tough in the later levels, especially if you don't get good powerups/bombs/keys/cash and increase your hearts early on.

Last edited:

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Game is a lot more fun with a gamepad and mapping the buttons using Joy2Key. The Wrath of the Lamb DLC is a must-have. Trust me, get the Mega Fetus and you'll understand ;)

But yeah, the game is pretty tough in the later levels, especially if you don't get good powerups/bombs/keys/cash and increase your hearts early on.
He'll have to do the challenge to unlock mega fetus. Besides, brimstone > *. :p