FINALLY!!! AIM, ICQ to interoperate

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
update America Online said it would allow its next version of AOL Instant Messenger to communicate with ICQ, a surprise move that will topple the long-standing barrier between the company's two popular IM services.

The ability to communicate with ICQ is a feature in AIM 5.1, a test version of the software currently available on AOL.com. People who download AIM 5.1 will be able to add ICQ users to their buddy lists and send them instant text messages. AIM users will also be able to convert ICQ identities, which are typically a sequence of numbers, to nicknames.

Users of the current version of ICQ cannot add AIM members to their buddy lists, but future versions of ICQ may let them do so, AOL said.

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-963699.html?tag=lh

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm
wow, I've been able to do this with trillian for a while :)

No you haven't.

You can log onto both services and communicate with people from ICQ and AIM at the same time, buy you can't just log onto AIM and talk to people on ICQ.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: pulse8

No you haven't.

You can log onto both services and communicate with people from ICQ and AIM at the same time, buy you can't just log onto AIM and talk to people on ICQ.
Plus trillian sucks!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb

No you haven't.

Plus trillian sucks!
Why u think that? I think it r0x0rs

Occifer

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2002

No you haven't.

Plus trillian sucks!

Blasphemy! :p

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Trillian sucks because it can't do as well for any program what the real ones can. It's a jack of all trades, master of none. You don't have access to all of the MSN emoticons for example. Or all of the ICQ ones. And emoticons run my life. Without them I am nothing.

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Trillian sucks because it can't do as well for any program what the real ones can. It's a jack of all trades, master of none. You don't have access to all of the MSN emoticons for example. Or all of the ICQ ones. And emoticons run my life. Without them I am nothing.

oh no, Skoorb's gone gay!

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

:(

;)

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Originally posted by: Shiva112

hahaha

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Adul

hahaha
hahaha indeed!

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

hahaha
hahaha indeed!
:Q
what has mrsskoorb said?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

hahaha
hahaha indeed!
what has mrsskoorb said?
I can't say :(

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999

hahaha
hahaha indeed!
what has mrsskoorb said?

"We can't have sex tonight because I can't find my "O-Face" emoticon...."

amish ;)

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Electric Amish

hahaha
hahaha indeed!
what has mrsskoorb said?

"We can't have sex tonight because I can't find my "O-Face" emoticon...."

amish ;)

TOO FUNNY. ROFL!!!