Finally, a Solid MicroATX X58 Nehalem MB w/ 6 memory slots !

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
I have 1 of these Asus boards and 2 of the DFI boards.

Both are excellent choices.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: PClark99

They're both pretty cheap too. Since you're probably the only one around here that has actual hands-on experience with both... which one do you like better, and why?

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Zap

They're both pretty cheap too. Since you're probably the only one around here that has actual hands-on experience with both... which one do you like better, and why?

Both boards are really nice.

Both boards have bios options up the wazoo for overclocking. Both boards overclock well.

Both boards allow just about any HSF to fit without issue.

The NB HSF on the Asus board is not sufficient for heavy overclocking.

I had no issues with the DFI boards, the Asus I had a minor software issue with Sandra working properly.

The Asus is about $20-30 more than the DFI and it is equivalent in my opinion in performance.

I would lean very slightly to the DFI board.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999

Both boards have bios options up the wazoo for overclocking. Both boards overclock well.

I had no issues with the DFI boards, the Asus I had a minor software issue with Sandra working properly.

The Asus is about $20-30 more than the DFI and it is equivalent in my opinion in performance.

Thank you for the concise summary. :thumbsup:

If the $199 Core i7 920 deal comes back at Micro Center... my LAN gaming rigs are almost always micro ATX and currently the stock-clocked (on an Intel branded mATX board) E7200 is probably underutilizing my super high overclocked BFG GTX 285.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Zap

Thank you for the concise summary. :thumbsup:

If the $199 Core i7 920 deal comes back at Micro Center... my LAN gaming rigs are almost always micro ATX and currently the stock-clocked (on an Intel branded mATX board) E7200 is probably underutilizing my super high overclocked BFG GTX 285.

You are very welcome.

If you or anybody else have any specific questions about these mobos please ask away, I will answer as best I can.

Well my first DFI board went tits up this weekend. The outermost DIMM slot died.